Home

After death, I get locked for about 20 seconds???

TheRock

For some reason, after I die, I get this funky *screen bounce and sound bounce* for about 10-20 seconds before I can respawn.

Its hard to explain, but basically the score screen comes up and it sits there, the sound just does a Max Headroom type thing, and the death scene just sits there and jerks. Then I respawn and I'm fine.

Is it trying to load all the new skins that have changed since the last time I died, and making the game lock for a few seconds?

If anyone's got an idea, please let me know. Thanks.

Well, I don't want to set the system up to force models, so that I see everyone as the same model I have.

Whats the easiest setting for the system to handle? There a bind that you can hit to refresh models?

Im going to take a look...

ok it does that because it's loading the models of the other players that have joined/changed models since you last died. Now you can actually load them up at any time by hitting the TAB key to view scores. But the ONLY way to get rid of that "bouncing" is (like in any Quake3 based game) to turn DEFER PLAYER MODELS=off, in which case it will load the new models as they join. So you'll hitch for a few secs everytime someone joins. Also, if you turn FORCE MODELS=ON, then the models are all the same...everybody's YOU! (dead milkmen reference...sorry)

Archived