Home

Bot Editing Questions

Jason_W

I'm editing some new bots in the .jkb files, and there are a feww things I don't quite get. They are as follows :-

forceinfo 7-2-000000000000000000

The first number, Rank, what does it actually do in the game?

I know everything else with this so...

chatability

chatfrequency

hatelevel

camper

What do these do in-game?

:jawa

chatability - whether they speak or not

chatfrequency - how often they speak

hatelevel - aggression, i presume?

camper - whether or not they are campers (or devilspawn, as they are otherwise known - by me anyway)

P.S. In case you don't know, a camper is an evil person who stays in one spot and snipes people. Grrrrrrrr. Or plants trip mines around the same spot and stays there, blows people up, and does it again. Grrrrr, again.

Actually the "hatelevel" is the amount of times an enemy has to do something that upsets the bot untill the bot reaches a state of hate. When they reach this state, the bot will attack the hated opponent relentlessly.

So, if Luke is an ally of Lando's and Darth Maul kills Luke, if Lando's hatelevel is 1 he would then hate Darth Maul and seek him out for revenge.

If you have the Official Editing tools from raven, they have a Bot Tutorial that explains just about everything in the Bot Files.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Right, the LOWER the hatelevel, the more aggressive they actually are.

Any of the major JKII download sites have the official editing tools.

Here is one:

http://www.jk2files.com

Just go to Downloads/ Official Releases and you'll find the editing tools.

Now if only someone would help me get my custom taunts and player sounds into the game. I am so stuck right now.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Archived