Home

ICARUS or ICARUS 2 Tutorials?

Emon

Anyone know where I could find some? I mostly need to know how to actually implement ICARUS 2 scripts into the level and such with Radiant, but more information on the language itself wouldn't hurt. Thanks in advance for any help.

Alright, sounds good. There's a huge manual included with the second SDK on ICARUS 2, but it doesn't really tell you where to begin, doesn't exactly tell you how to start and such. Sort of like the Q3 Radiant manual, there's like no way you can learn mapping just from that, at least I couldn't, anyways.

I've been hacking away at the ICARUS2 stuff, as well. It seems that I'm in the same boat as you, missing some very basic fundamental or set of fundamentals. I understand all the stuff that was in the manual and I've even read the scripts and tried to compare them to the maps (cairndock1). Thanks in advance to whoever is enterprising and knowledgable enought to write a tutorial of some sort. I hope it's on the way soon!

bissor :atat:

I'm a bit baffled by the scripts myself. All I want to do is spawn the new NPCs (clonetroopers and such) and not have them hold their blaster at their crotch. Now from the way I understand after reading as many of the posts as I could on the matter it sounds like if you make a new NPC it will automatically hold a blaster because it hasn't been told to hold anything else and I'm assuming it's just putting it at the center of the model, which happens to be in the crotch area. I read that you need to use an ICARUS script file to do it, so I read up on that and found out you need the SDKs. After kind of figuring out what to do I came up with this little script:

-----

//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "New NPCs" );

affect ( "clonetrooper", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )

{

set ( "weapon", "wp_blaster" );

}

-----

I compiled it and everything went fine, so I put it into a pk3 file and opened up the game. I spawned in the trooper but it still held the blaster at it's crotch. Any help on what to do to fix the situation would be appreciated.

NOTE: I read in the ICARUS manual that NPC name in the script is the same that you use in the map editor. I don't even have the map editor, so could this be why? I just used the name I put into the npc.cfg file.

I have created a new NPC in the npcs.cfg file and I can spawn him in in the game. Is there anyway to use GTK to place that person in a map. I edited the sp_defs but in the game it just says that <name> has no spawn function.

Can anyone help?

Archived