Home

New Coding Problem

Arkule

Well, i decided it might be fun to modify the Det Packs to release client-seaking explosives. I added a bunch of code, which i think should do it. I compile it, works fine. I go to make the .qvm file and game.bat quits half way through. It starts like it usually does, but then it just quits before it does the pass 0: <filename.c> and stuff.

What type of coding makes the .qvm maker just quit like that?

All i added were three functions. One to spawn an explosive on the DetPacks death, one for the think function, which checks to see if anyone is in the radius, and if so, moves towards them (I think... not sure if i made the moving code right), and one to blow the thing up. Most of the code i just copied from the DetPack functions, changing values and such. I'm even using the same model as the detpack, just to make things easier.

I'm not to sure if the code will actually do what i want it to do, it probably won't. But thats where good old trial and error comes in, almost nothing works first try. I can't' even test it though to see whats wrong. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what would make the game.bat file quit like it does.

Also, if i comment out all the stuff i added, and recompile, game.bat will make the .qvm file just fine, so its not my compiler.

I'm hoping someone here will have some sort of Intelligent answer or response. Thank you for any help you give me.

I'm not getting any error message, it just stops working. I guess i use .qvms because i like them :) The only file i have changed so far is g_weapon.c It compiles fine and all, but i don't know why the game.bat won't work with it.

I did a little rearanging of the code, and stuff, and now the .qvm file will get made. So i think i fixed whatever was wrong. Now i just have all those ingames bugs (that i knew i would) to screw around with.

Archived