Home

Skin Almost Done...HELP!

bleek

to turn a zip into a pk3-Use winzip, create a new file. then once in winzip say new archive. then type in the name of the file.pk3 (the .pk3 is important) then press enter. to have the file point to the skin, put the pictures,.skin and .cfg and in the folder models/players/playername...then for the sound files(if any) putthem in sounds/chars/playername

there are alot of other tutorials out there that explains this better

glad i could help. for the new problem, open the .skin file and make sure all the paths lead to what you called the new pictures for the skin(i.e. jan_torso.jpg to yourpic.jpg), otherwise they will just use the model you got it from.

for my skin, i used the jan model. then i change my skin paths from jan_torso.jpg to altimira_torso.jpg. theres an example for ya:)

ALRIGHT...*sniffle*....First off I renamed the torso and all the parts I edited. I started up a game and the names of the parts I changed...were just plain missing. He was a floating head and legs and saber.

Then I went back and renamed everything. Instead of my skin working it showed Kyle Katarn. Damn that Katarn.

Lil' Help Anyone?

I used to get the same thing, damn that kyle! I really dont know how i fixed it. i just messed around with it...alot:(

i dont know what happened with the floating head, It just doesnt draw that part if it has no skin picture to attach it to. for the second problem, it doesnt matter ( i dont believe) what you name it, as long as its matching whats in the .skin file.

the .skin file is where i believe your problem is :(

hopefully some one else can help you:(

Archived