Home

Editing sabers?

XPLOITER

ok this is sort of a nagging post....

basically i dont see any reason for people trying to edit the light saber skins so that they resemble axes, samurai sword or in some cases kitchen utensils.

I bought Jedi Knight 2 to play as a jedi which involves using a light saber and using force powers. So why would i want my saber in the form as a fork or flashlight?

I can understand the novelty value of wielding a flashlight at a opponent but if using a axe to cut down your victims is more yout thing why not by diablo or some fantasy game like that?

In my opinion i think people should lay off - not stop - but lay off the excessive novelty skins and concentrate in making a skin that suits the genre of the game and what its focusing upon.

To all you modelers who have spent ya time making new lightsaber skins which change the colour of the blade, i take my hat off too you - one prime example are the dark sabers which I thoroughly enjoyed.....

If anyone has a conflicting opinion plz comment...

X-P :dsaber::duel:

What I meant was this.

I DL'd a file by Sith Felonious that made the sabre's in MP thicker than they are in SP. They look VERY good!

I would like to be able to have these sabre's in SP but seeing as how I'm clueless (my age, possibly) about editing and the such like, I can't figure out how to do it myself.

Hell, I've even followed word for word the tutorials on changing a MP skin to be used in SP and I STILL can't get it to work whereas others can!

So, all in all, I guess I'm just as daft as a boat horse.

But what i mean is that why have a saber representing a axe or whisk? surely if weilding these meat cleavers is more your thing then surely u are in the wrong game. I suspect the majority of the people who bought jk2 were star wars fans and so enjoy the action this game brings, this must include using a light saber.

Just what is the appeal of using a flashlight or hammer instead of a actual lightsaber?

Tom :dsaber::duel:

I like the light sabers just how they are...I mean, you dont hardly see them in the game until you throw it (also that little majority that sticks out of the hand). So all these people who waste there time making sabers, can continue to do so. I just wont dl them.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the main reasons why I build models for weapons

instead of just reskinning the saber texture. All you have to do

is find one fo the saber textures (like blue for example) and just

open it up in a paint program and run a pure black color over it

because black makes it turn invisible. And then just turn it into

a modified pk3 so if you want to play with real lightsabers all

you have to do is remove that pk3. I also turn off the ambient

saber sound when I'm playing with a non-lightsaber weapon.

A saber sound with a real sword is not very appealing.

I edit the hilts when I make weapons. It just seems to make

more sense to actually have something like a sword stay extended when you turn off the saber. A sword is supposed to

look 3d and not like a 2d picture. And it's not supposed to shrink.

Another reason why I built a sword for my player is because my

player I play as is none other than VampireHunter D.

(Who I myself made by the way if you're wondering.)

I just sometimes feel more comfortable having D use his real

sword instead of a lightsaber. I feel it's alright to certain point

to have D using a lightsaber.

And another thing, if you people are going to make other weapons instead of lightsabers, be sure to use the blood mod

that's available at JK2.net. Don't get other weapons and lightsabers confused. Non-energy type weapons do not cautorize

(I doubt I spelled that right :( ) body parts. Lightsabers do not

leave blood.

Sorry for being a total pain in the ass people. I just felt this is

something that needed to be said. :(

why bitch about ppl making axes or something? if you dont like it then dont download it. thats easy. they dont force you to use it you know. i think the weapons are cool. like the ninja sword and stuff. why get diablo? diablo is 2d! ewww! its not a badass 3d game that allows you to cut off someones head then go in slow-mo to show it

Archived