Home

Anybody using .NET?

RenegadeOfPhunk

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody else is using Visual Studio .NET to compile and run the JKII MP code. If so, have you managed to get the debugging tools to work correctly? (i.e. breakpoints etc?). If you have, what do you have to do - 'cos I canna get them to work!

Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying to have a nice, professional app and yet not be able to use some of the more helpful features.

Thx,

Well - from the wealth of replies, I'm guessing not too many people are using .NET!! :)

I've worked out what the problem was anyway. So, here's what you have to do to get debugging tools working in .NET- for anybody who's interested...

When you load the VC 6 project supplied with the code into .NET, there is one setting you need to change to get the debugging tools working (at least this is how it was for me...)

Bring up the property page for each sub-project in turn and each time go to the 'Debugging' page. On this page is an option called 'Debugger Type' which will be set to 'Auto'. You need to change this to - 'Native Only'.

Now re-build and, viola, debugging capability! :)

Archived