Home

shuriken

laghima

i've recently finished a set of shuriken (shirai ryu, negishi ryu, ninja, and tai chi stars) the only problem is that i still can't make working hud graphics (the briar pistol looks a little out of place :) )i'm not really sure what to try. i have the alpha's, now if i only knew what to do with them...

i can send a sample if that helps, just post an e-mail adress here.

please, all of the real work is done, it only needs a few hud files the game can recognize, they can't be all that difficult most of the new sabers include them. it's the same problem i had on my sword thread, the pictures aren't being croped in game. i can make alpha images easily enough, i just don't have any idea what to do with them, .tga's can't support layering, can they?

oh i know what u mean!!! ur on about in the thumbnail weapon view bit, right?

well thats just a load of JPG files. open assets0.pk3 and extract all the files from gfx/2d/hud (or summat like that), then just change the images ur after and pack em up again. that should do it for u!

right, w_icon_briar.tga and "..."_na.tga, both have large organe(aged vomit-esk) or black fields around the item picture, this is noramlly croped off in game. my problem is that it dosen't register the active region on my new pics, so they show up as an enormis orange cube with a ninja star embeded in the center. so it's not quite as simple as that (but probably pretty close ^_^)

looking forward to the havning ninja stars and other such projectiles in game :)

gfx/hud/w_briar_pistol.tga

gfx/hud/w_briar_pistolna.tga

these are the files i think you want to change

tga do support alphachanneling but that is if they are 32-bit i believe

check the alpha channel you will see how they did it for the briar pistol so just duplicate the effect for the star.

-keto

ha, i knew it would be something like that :rolleyes: i can only work in 24 bit, so that explains why i could never get the original channels. it dosen't look like there's much more i can do here, so i'll include an unedited hud pic for each with the zip

ps; looks like the files are down again so it may be a while before they're posted, but when adding new throwing weapons export them as models/chunks/shinshinobi/shuriken.md3 and models/weapons2/briar_pistol/briar_pistol.md3(+briar_pistol_w.glm). the new dir was added to prevent conflicts with other mods.

Archived