Home

Attention Nvidia Users + Raven Staff

winner_rex

Many have complained of constant freezes and low framerates.

I myself suffered from the latter until I realized my GeForce3 was running in PCI mode, even though it was an AGP card.

A thread can be found here about PCI Mode:

http://club.aopen.com.tw/forum/viewmessage.asp?forumID=27&MessageID=12821

When I saw this, I got updated drivers for my particular motherboard and I loaded JK2. SUCCESS!! THIRTY EXTRA FRAMES PER SECOND!!! CRASH!

Now, JK 2 Crashes upon loading an MP game or upon entering one, or upon changing video properties.

I have not been able to fix this so far.

I'd like to work with you people towards a solution to this problem.

Any ideas?

So far, I have tried the following:

Using old drivers (23.81)

Disabling EAX

Disabling QuickTweak

A billion other things.

This is absurd. A lot of people are having the same problems I am. (Crap performance or NO performance.)

I have noticed people who have this problem are 9/10 times NVIDIA users and AMD users.

I am using windows ME, but most are using XP.

There's no rhyme or reason to it.

A patch, or a fix, is in order.

I am an AMD and NVidia user and I have experienced no such problems.

I am running a GeForce2 MX and Athlon 1.2GHz with Win98 SE, not the best set up in the world, I know.

But, I have not updated my drivers in ages. I'm still using the one's that came with the graphics card and have no trouble what so ever.

It may not apply to everyone, but my maxim is this...

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Maybe I should change my sig to this.

face the fact tha JK2 sucks as a multiplayer....period.

Unless you play bots. Everyone who comes into my server

gets the boot. Or dose not have nessesary files.

Whatever...

Yes I have the same problem. Very diffacult to join

a server and no one has yet successfuly came into

mine...

(Sucks)

well I have a NVIDIA GF 2 GTS running on XP with Pentium 3 and it wont even work!

at least you guys can play the bloody game! I can't even get in to ANYTHING!

I try and try and try... nothing seems to work!

It says something about a "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL sub-system"

has anyone had a similar problem? and if so did they over come it?

I don't understand cos it says the NVIDIA GF2 is a compatible graphics card!!!!!! :fett:

Im on a Toshiba Laptop, the only means for me to play. Its a 1.1 ghz, P3, G-force 2 go, with 512 ram, the thing is great, i love my laptop... but in multiplayer... either after a while of gameplay or a little bit of time, it crashes hard. I mean HARD. like, I have to hold the power button to reset it.. :( its really sad. No drivers, patches, etc have helped.. im kinda peeved. Raven is no help, Lucasarts isnt any either. No hope for us MP Gforce users..

OMFG I have the same problem--Jedi Knight II runs slow as a b!tch.

OK now let me explain a few things before someone tries to tell me I need a better CPU.

I KNOW I NEED A BETTER CPU; BUT, I get like 80 FPS in Quake III. I have 384 MB of memory, a 7200 RPM CPU, GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB version, and sadly a 500 MHz AMD Athlon (classic). and my lame Mobo runs agp at 2x.

I realize the CPU and Mobo are limiting my system--but this is ridiculous--I try turning down EVERYTHING in the game, but it runs slow as a b!tch in large areas, like 10 FPS, and it doesn't matter if all effects are on or if absolutely nothing is on and my vid card is set to max performance in OpenGL.

OMG this is such a pain in the @ss, and I don't think this game has any kind of Hidden Surface Removal--as I could stand looking at a FLAT wall in 1st-person, with nothing but my gun showing up and still only get around 12 FPS, that doesn't make any sense.

I mean you can tell the game is rendering like the whole freakin map instead of what you can see, I don't understand why they did this.

Ah, hell, I still get around 30 FPS in decent sized indoor areas when there aren't 20-something guys trying to kill me.

I still don't get it, it's made off of the Quake III engine and I can't get anywhere near that performance even when every single thing is off--I mean the game can look like DF2:Jedi Knight and still run at the exact same fps, and I am NOT MAKING THAT UP!

I use a Gforce4 4200ti, AMD XP1800 and 512MBs of memory, and the damn game crashes on me every time it tries to load two different levels during one play. For example: If I load a game from level two I can play fine until I get to the end of the level. When the game starts loading the next stage it takes long (a couple of minutes or so) and after the loading bar reaches the end and the game should start, crash! All I get is a black screen with some blue garble on top. Afterwards I have to reset the computer to do anything. Please help, I've tried from reinstalling to disabling everything else and changing drivers. And I also get similar problems in Soldier of Fortune 2, so I can't play that either. Any suggestions?

I'm using a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64, and i had the OpenGL errer message. So I updated the drivers. Now the game starts, but I only get audio, no video. The monitor power light starts blinking like it's getting no signal. How do I get the visual!?

So is there an explination for the problem I'm having? No video at all, just audio playing, mocking me. I'm gonna try another onitor when I get a chance, but i'll be out of town for a day, so if anyone has any ideas, help is greatly appriciated, I didn't pay for this game just to have it not work on me, and damn if I'm buying a new video card!

I also have the same problem.

my setup is:

1GHz AMD Athlon T-bird

GeForce 3 Ti500

256mb RAM

and I got a smooth fps for most of the game, but while fighting desann...I got 4-6 fps.

This is rediculous, because my friend on a geforce 2 mx, pentium3 system...was getting 40-60fps.

I hope this will be fixed in upcoming patches.

Hey all!

Most of you have great CPU´s compared to mine (PII233), got a gf2 mx, 256 ram, loads od HD. JKII runs smooth as Quake3, except for the "players".

Have you read my post? here is a quick recap. Any character that moves becomes a disfigured, spider-like beast . . .err. . . thingy.

Except when stopped, or force flying.

Really, not making this up. The game is set to all possible low graphics (hence the smoothness), but even higher, becoming slowmotion, problem persists.

Someone said it could be CPU related, but c´mon! Quake3 runs REALLY well with great fps!

They also suggested it could be DirectX related, and try dxdiag. Everything ok and sucessful, read my post for specifics, but it´s NOT directX related, imho!

I´m not very much a techie, so, anyone want to have a go and guess something up for me to try?

Cheers! drink beer!

Yidakee

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but Raven has posted a trouble shooting guide that answers many of these questions you can find it here (click on the "Jedi Outcast Troubleshooting Guide" link to download a 1.10 MB rtf file) if that doesn't answer your quetions I don't know what will!!!!!

Rlax31 and golfrguy87, I pretty sure I know the problem you speak of. JK2 is choosing a refresh rate that is not supported by your monitor. Tell-tale symptoms: black screen, perfect sound, and monitor light is flashing or even gives you a message about signal out of range (or something). The usual advice is to get the correct .inf file for your monitor, install it, and then reinstall that monitor. I've done this before and it did not work.

Other advice was to get Powerstrip and force the correct refresh rate for all resolutions. Maybe the best way to go.

Other advice involves making changes to your registry. When all I got was a black screen when switching to 800x600 with my Kyro2, making changes to my registry worked. But this was a video card problem not a game problem. Not sure if the changes would work.

If you go to a decent video card forum (filled with many geeks) you should be able to get a good solution for this but I recommend trying the .inf file followed by Powerstrip if that doesn't work.

Yidakee, I've heard of your problem before with some other games and all I can say that it was definitely software-related, most likely drivers.

Thanks Chiles4,I will try that but if it doesnt work i will have to return the game soon or the store wont exept mt return...

Also I just purchased Clone Campains and in the starting video it does that same thing...but i can still play the game just not the video...

Archived