Home

An Idea, Think it would be cool

JediGrim

I think the next Jedi Knight game Raven should develop would be similar to Unreal Tournament, sort of a DM spin off of the main game, where the sole purpose of the game would be saber combat and complete customization. For example you could completely customize your Jedi/Sith and his:

-Head and facial features, along with species and gender

-Force Powers and specialties

-Complete Saber customization, from color to hilt to type (dual, single, double etc..)

-Saber style, almost totally unique to the player

-Clothing, whether he/she is covered in robes or a simple gi

-Affiliation, whether he/she is Jedi council member, Sith warrior or unaffiliated/rogue Jedi

-Support for one on one duals, two on 1 or massive battles between Jedi and Sith.

-Custom Animations for standing, crouching, igniting saber and putting it away.

-Ranks for those who are Affiliated, as well as player to player training modes.

So what do you think? Might work? If you were to put this on a time line of the SW universe obviously it would be back during the old Republic. I think it would be alot of fun, Im a huge fan of customization and I think it would be pretty damn successful, what are your thoughts?

this had nothing to do with Star Wars but if you own Half-life then DL Desert Crisis as it gives your player a RPG customation system (ie; face hair colour , head ware, armour type etc)

...I think the idea would work brilliantly, one thing that every FPS game needs is a skin maker that doesnt need every other player to DL your skin but is outo DL'ed so you can be absoutely insanely uniquie :)

I realize a Star Wars game isnt much without a plotline, but it's obvious fans are itchin for more intense, in depth, and unique saber combat. I don't see the harm in creating a game to feed the needs of the fans, I mean come on the would be very few Jedi/Sith who would look, act or fight alike. And naturally Lucasarts has to give permission, I never assumed Raven could do what they want without it.

It would be one big expansion pack though, with all the customizable options and such, brand new maps, lots of code for the styles and such, new bot coding etc... almost a completely new game but who knows, expasion is 10 times better than nothing.

I think it would be cool, if in the character customizataion, you could pick from a huge pool of moves that you combine to make a personal "Stance" Backstab or backsweep? How fast will it be? Or maybe I should take a slow powerful swing? Roll or cartwheel?

Butterfly? DFA? Maybe all your lateral swings are fast and not too damaging, but then you're got a mean downward hack.

I think that would be so sweet, now that I think about it.

You know what? With the ghoul2 and more frequent blocking stuff that's been added (which I love BTW), you would really have to study an opponent's style and fight smart to win. You never know what you're up against.

ooh that sounds cool. What do you guys think?

I think thats a good idea...it would not need a plot line because it would be for online battle play only..just a game with good sabre fights and custumizble chars...even moves..maybe they could have a huge list of what sabre moves you want and you can choose like 10 to fit your style of play..that would be great

I'd love to see lightsaber fights that lasted over 3 mins.

I'm relatively new, so there might be...but I wanna be in like a 30-minute long battle against another Jedi, just studying him, figuring out his weaknesses, and getting in that 1 lucky blow that ends the fight...

Ooooohhhhh

I'm giddy now... :)

3 minutes is easy to get in a good lightsaber duel(No bs, dfa, heavy lunge,lite lunges). God, I love just going with someone in a duel when we both just use normal medium swings. Even if they arn't that good I at least give them credit for a great fight.

In 1.2v with heal I've had 30 min duels before. Not exacly great for those waiting but it was still a blast!

Archived