Home

Button / mouse settings?

Nash8114

I am new to the multiplayer part of JK II and I was wondering what would be an efficient keyboard / mouse setting for this game. I made a couple of keybinds for text and for neat things such as saber color change, but I figured you could also bind moves to keys... if the console alows. I didn't try this yet and I'm at work at the moment, so I can try it now, therefore I post it here:

Is it possible to bind keys to moves like backstab? :p Since I'm not so fast with the mouse in 3D shoot'm ups (or stab'm downs like this one) I usually miss with this move... a button would help.

A question about my mouse... I have the MS explorer mouse, the big grey one, with 4 buttons and a scroll wheel. The game however sees only 3 buttons as it seems... (That is: LMB (left mouse button), RMB and the wheel). I use the wheel for my force powers (since I fight saber only, no weaps). Button 3 (the wheel) is used for 'use force :jawa'. Ofcourse LMB and RMB are for primary and alternate fire.

Can I use the other 2 buttons I have as well? At the moment they are seens as mouse 1 (LMB) and 2 (RMB)... Could i get software from somewhere that would make it a 5 button mouse? Or should I just focus on making keymaps?

Cheers,

Nash

you could try writing a script to test the mouse buttons are checked.

bind MOUSE4 "say wtf??"

bind MOUSE5 "say gf"

(im guessing the numbers of the mouse buttons)

save it as a .cfg file then start the game up (mp your own server to test)

bring down the console and type exec *thenameofyour*.cfg

then just test the mouse buttons to see if they register.

Archived