Home

Milkshape v. Gmax

Norin Radd

i also prefer milkshape , i think it is much more streamlined for the lowpoly game modeler, i think it is faster to work with and faster to figure out how to work with it.

it does cost $20 compaired to the free gmax but i think it is well worth the fee as you constantly get the newest version updates for free after that.

specifically for jk2 so far ms only is useful for any models other than player models (that is unless you have 3dsmax4 for which you coudl just import the mesh via .3ds). possibly in the future an xsi exporter will be released for ms but i see one being for gmax released sooner.

-keto

i tried to make a model in gmax and milkshape and as far as i know you cant export a working (jo compatible) character model out of either. - you can only do lightsabers and such - you need 3dsmax.

interface wise i like milkshape much simpler.

Bucke, in your signature, you have this:

skins which would lik be sooooo kewl:

naked jan

Yoda

slave leia

max rebo

kyle but if he was like evil

naked tavion

There is a naked Jan skin, Yoda is almost done, someone's working on Slave Leia, Kyle if he was evil, that's done, you can get it at http://sinnet.jediknightii.net - That site has the best version of a dark Kyle. Also, someone also made a naked Tavion skin. Max Rebo, dunno about that.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Originally posted by Emon

Bucke, in your signature, you have this:

skins which would lik be sooooo kewl:

naked jan

Yoda

slave leia

max rebo

kyle but if he was like evil

naked tavion

There is a naked Jan skin, Yoda is almost done, someone's working on Slave Leia, Kyle if he was evil, that's done, you can get it at http://sinnet.jediknightii.net - That site has the best version of a dark Kyle. Also, someone also made a naked Tavion skin. Max Rebo, dunno about that.

Just thought you'd like to know.

um thats suppossed to be my dry english wit....

I would recomend Milkshape to anyone looking to get thier feet wet in 3D modeling. It is much easier to learn and very easy to use. It's a great 3D program. After awhile you will find it has limits and then you might want to switch to GMAX.

Archived