Home

Jedi Moves mod

ToKe

this mod is great. the rolls replaced with cartwheels and flips, backstab nerfed to acceptable damage(and blockable), backswing removed. try it out when the files section is back up here on jkii.net.

only problem is a shortage of servers. i've found one, but it doesn't run 24 hours and the clan that runs it likes to password it a lot. server admins, try this mod out an load it up if you like it. it would be nice to have at least a couple of servers to choose from :)

EDIT: Author's decription :

Roll forward, left, or right - cartwheel roll

Backward - butterfly

Jump - force jump style instead of pansy normal one

Fast saber style replaced with one-handed (Tavion) style

Strong saber style replaced with one-handed (Desann) style

Backstab - all saber styles now do backstab instead of swing back

Now walks with saber raised, for effect while dueling.

Originally posted by HellFyre69

i tried that mod before... it sux... Personally if yall dont like pull+backstabers, well, deal with it. Just wait till 1.05 comes out.

what exactly did you not like about it? it's not that different from vanilla jk2, and the cartwheel moves are much better than the rolls i believe. not only do they look better but they can be used more strategically than the rolls. anyway, everyone likes their games different, just wondering what specifics you didn't like about the jedi moves mod.

This mod is the only way that I play the game now. It adds so much to the saber combat that I'm really surprised that the community hasn't got behind this.

It has single-handedly saved this game for me. This mod is for the skilled saberist who wants to have intense, skill-driven saber fights. No uber-moves and the enhancements really spice up the MP game. Here's my two cents:

The cartwheel moves that replaced the rolls are one of the biggest reasons to play this mod. You have incredible control over your character while in the animation making it an extremely useful positioning tool. A simple change that has introduced a major gameplay improvement.

The other reason to play this mod is for the wicked saber tweaks. The ability to infinitely chain combos in ANY stance has opened up a lot more strategic options than before. If you're worried about excessive spam, don't be. More swings mean more openings and more potential to be knocked open with a good counterswing. The usefullness of the infinite chain lies in the fact that you can vary your combos to a much higher degree than in vanilla JK2. I was a bit skeptical about this change at first. However, after using this mod for over a week now, I can't imagine playing any other way.

My final selling point on this mod besides the awesome gameplay enhancements is that it adds a ton of style to the saber combat. The changes to the light and heavy swing animations are awesome. The new acrobatics look great and the whole thing is more "Jedi-like" than vanilla JK2.

If you're a skilled saberist who has grown weary of the 1.03 nonsense and who is looking for a great way to play this game, I can't recommend this mod enough. It really is that good.

Try it out and, if you like it, SPREAD THE WORD. The majority of servers out there are still running vanilla JK2 1.03 (yawn). This mod deserves to have more servers running it.

couldn't agree more darth. just noticed this file is not available at jkii.net, here is a link to the file :http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2217.shtml

make a folder under game data named JediMoves11, put the pk3 in there, start the multi an choose jedi moves from the mod menu. toss in a couple bots and check it out.

jedi moves 2.0 is now out and better than ever. dual saber is one bind away and it includes easy instructions for enabling dismemberment.

this mod ownz people, try it out.

server admins, please try this out and consider running this mod on your server.

Archived