Home

Fyi

musashi212

One more thing. After much tweaking, and resizing. The saber model is still a little off. I think my problem lies in the tages.

http://www.geocities.com/courier411/saber222.jpg

as you can see in the pic, the Saber is acouple of feet in front of the model. Plus the handle is inverted. i'm sure by the time somebody responds to this thread i would have figured it out.

By the way, the red dots are to show you where the handle is supposed to be. Hasn't been textued yeah. Figured it won't be worth it until the tags are positioned correctly.

I have corrected all the error except one. The model show up fine without texture. The blade is properly algined. The question is how do i apply the texture to the saber? I am stuck, I used a program called Texporter to unwrapp the image. I made the necessary adjustments to the bmp, and then saved it out as Jpg. I am guessing the key is for md3 viewer to pick it up. Well i hope somebody answere soon, or somebody within 10 ft of me is gonna bleed.

its very simple, just like a player model your saber needs a .skin file. but the skin file is not needed in the .pk3, its only used for md3view.

so make a .skin file, i dont think it matters what its called, place it and the jpg in the folder C:\base\models\weapons2\saber, well thats mine anyways.

open md3view, import the skin file and your saber should now have the skin on it in the viewing window. export, pak it up and play.

You have spared someone for the moment. Though the saber.jpg which is my actually skin is not being found. I make the w_saber.skin file. added the necassry lines. But the texture can't be found.....hmmm

does this weapons/saber folder need to be in the lucas art folder?

i think it has something to do with the way the folders are set up.

just do what i did. create a new folder in your primary drive called base, put all the JKO tools in that base folder, then make the other folders, models/weapons/saber.

put all your saber stuff into the saber folder and try it again.

They all need to be in the same folder in the weapons/saber folder. I do mean all of them. Include the md3 in there. Open the md3, and then the skin. There should be no problem

So in the weapons2 folder you should have Md3 file, skin, saber.jpg

Nyc? they are have a free class on photoshop on 56th thursday. It's FREE. I am going...................

Dude, thx for your post. Not because it helped me, but because of this post, I had a wonderful evening. I got high three hours ago and after we smoked up, I checked this thread and I just couldn't understand it. I showed it to my friends that know **** about computers and they couldn't understand it either(not because your grammar but we were justn really high). Afterwards, we had an hour long discussion about this thread. 1 hour passed and we come to the conclusion that that we needed p*ssy. Knowing that we wouldnt get some(at this time), we went to the park and smoked up again. There we met this girls that were just hanging around and I they decided to get high with us. later on hooked up with one of them for over an hour. I just felt like to share this with u since it's all thx to u.

Archived