Home

Assimilate only creates SP model

Anavel Gato

I have all the files in the right paths, set up the preferences in Assimilate right, created a car file that loads the right _humanoid.gla and root.xsi but for some reason it always says that it's a single player model.

I did use the skeleton from Kyle's root.xsi.

Do I need a specific _humanoid.gla?

I forgot to add that I can view the model fine with the ModView tool and I can select the icon in the player setup in MP. But when a map has loaded it ask again for another model and then I cannot select my model :(

I can't wait for me to have figured it all out :)

Not that I'm a modeller or anything, but I just wanted to venture some thoughts: Since MP and SP models are interchangeable, wouldn't it not really matter if it says it's an SP model? Maybe I'm just ignorant, though :)

Edit: You typed up your Edit at the same time I typed mine :) The problem with not being able to select your model in MP sounds like a normal Pure Server or improper PK3 thing. Are you starting the MP server yourself, or trying to join one? If you're starting it yourself, make sure you set Pure Server to off in the Advanced settings.

I did set pure server off and started a new MP game and also just loaded a map with the devmap command.

It's odd because in the player setup I can select Padme as my model but when the MP has started it asks me again what model (and color saber etc.) I want and then I can't select the model.

I also added a botfile to the pk3 that I "stole" from another model. The pk3 contains all the files with their right path (models\players\padme).

And when I try to change the model with the model command I always end up with Kyle. This command doesn't work in SP though.

Hmm.. I'm wondering if it's just a pk3 problem, or if the game is rejecting the model for some reason. I've got plenty of experience getting skins to an in-game state, maybe I could try repacking it? If you want to give that a try, feel free to send it to me at bradfu@msn.com (or a link to it if it's too big for email).

When you do the model command, does the console throw out any errors?

Archived