Home

help with scripting

JS2248

I was wondering if someone could write a script for me. It's not a cheap script of moves, I just want a script that would let me cyle through the different skins of the reborn. Here's a listing of the skins:

reborn

reborn/red

reborn/blue

reborn/forceuser

reborn/acrobat

reborn/fencer

reborn/boss

I have a few of the models bound to different keys but it would be hard to mash 7 different keys to cycle through the models. Please help if you can. Thanks.

HellFyre69, I know you can bind all the different models to different keys but that's 7 models. I tried binding several of the models to different keys and it makes it hard to switch between them. Also, I think it would be very cool to hold down the key that cycles through them and watch the models change very quickly(this is a very cool effect with lightsabers). And yes, the files section is down.

/EDIT: Substitue that first "x" with the key you want to cycle through them./ENDEDIT

Copy this into a config, this should work:

bind x vstr chngmdl

set chngmdl vstr reborn1

set reborn1 "model reborn; echo You are a Reborn!; echo Next is a ^1red Reborn; set chngmdl vstr rebornred"

set rebornred "model reborn/red; echo You are a ^1red Reborn; echo Next is a ^4blue Reborn; set chngmdl vstr rebornblue"

set rebornblue "model reborn/blue; echo You are a ^4blue Reborn; echo Next is a Reborn Forceuser; set chngmdl vstr forceuser"

set forceuser "model reborn/forceuser; echo You are a Reborn Forceuser; echo Next is a Reborn Acrobat; set chngmdl vstr acrobat"

set acrobat "model reborn/acrobat; echo You are a Reborn Acrobat; echo Next is a Reborn Fencer; set chngmdl vstr fencer"

set fencer "model reborn/fencer; echo You are a Reborn Fencer; echo Next is a Reborn Boss; set chngmdl vstr boss"

set boss "model reborn/boss; echo You are a Reborn Boss; echo Next is a Reborn; set chngmdl vstr reborn1"

That should work, if not just post back here and let me know.

Maybe cause you had the "2" on the end?

Damn, I was afraid that's what the problem is. Does the file have to be named "autoexec.cfg"? I already have a file named "autoexec.cfg" - a script that cycles through saber colors.

Just don't do it too often out of respect of the modem players--too much wasted BW will impact on their game.

Yes, I know and as I mentioned earler use a script tp change saber colors. I don't use it a lot because it really does lag (my computer more than any others it seems even though I do have cable). It's just fun to use occaisionally to freak out newbs. :D

To make a different config file run other than autoexec.cfg at the start of the game, just add a line like this to your autoexec.cfg:

exec YOURCONFIGFILEHERE.cfg

ie

SABER COLOR CHANGE SCRIPT

BLAH BLAH BLAH

MORE SCRIPT

exec autoexec2.cfg

Just hit enter to go a few lines down and you're set.

Archived