Home

Gateway JediKnight2 Tourney - Gripe Thread

Horka Thane

First of all Congrats to those who are in the top 25 so far. My best time has been 1:29 on day 1.

First of all, why is the gateway game different than the one I got at home? I got the 1.03 version but why are the 3d models so huge at the tourney machine vs the home version? I have a 19" monitor and a geforce card and I cannot get my system to emulate this custom graphic setting they are using.

Plus, the weapon/ammo ratio is different as well. Also the Tourney game moves allot slower than mine and their system is allot faster? I dont understand why they would ask you to practice at home and then configure a different version of the game at the tourney.

Oh dont get me started on that mouse. My god what the h3ll kinda mouse is that? I have a logitech mouseman optical and I can whip around 180 degrees as fast as a ball mouse but theirs is a struggle to turn 45 degrees!

Is anyone else having these issues?

I don't even care about the fact that it's a kinda "lotto" spawn that gets you allot of kills, it wouldn't be so bad if you could at least be playing the same game and tempo that you practice at home.

I have a stop watch and have been getting between 30 and 50 seconds at home but its gonna be a stroke of luck to get below a minute under these conditions.

The physics are weird too..at home I can bunny hop (strafe jump) just like in Q3 and fly across the map with speed on. I can barely strafe jump at the tourney.

Dude this is messed up!

There is no secret path or force that I know of. You should, however, practice with all controls, etc, set to default, since that is how it is going to be at the tournament. Seems to me Horka Thane wasn't using defaults, which could be why he is getting 30-50 sec. on the map.

Yea I'm using default keyboard settings but there is a bug I am exploiting to get those times.

When you start your server and you get to the join screen..I reconfigure my forcepowers and then join. From then on I dont ever start in the red area. I start at different parts of the map every round usually near a good weapon. You can tell its a bug because the game replaces a bot with one that you didint even select...sometimes lando, luke or ugnaught and every time the match ends and you press fire you see yourself and that one changed bot say ready.

They just patched the game wich really pisses me off because now the settings for video resolution are proper and you dont have these huge 3d models anymore....I can't believe they threw a patch in the middle of the tourney.:mad:

Archived