Home

Quick editing request from already made models

sights0d

I'm making a skin for Gallandro from the Han Solo Adventures. I'm basing it on the Kyle skin and model. What I need to do is get rid of Kyle's bangs and add Jan's weapon holster. Is anyone interested? I'd think that it wouldn't be too incredibly difficult, since the shapes are all there... but I know nothing of modeling. It'd just need to be thrown together from pre-existing parts.

I'd be willing to do it if someone could point me through it. What programs would I need?

well youd basically be creating a whole new model by adding a part from another character, only the mesh is already there.

since you know nothing about modeling its really hard to just tell you how difficult it is to get a model into JKO, at least hard for someone whos never done it before. but the model is already mapped so i guess the only real trouble would be the weighting, which is blindingly annoying, for someone whos never done it before itd take about 3 week for you to understand it, depending on your ability to learn.

and anyone who knows how to model is most likely going to spend their hard time on their own projects.

good luck.

Well... I'm not sure which ones are appropriate... Here's the list:

GMax

Pakscape

Photoshop

Assimilate

and modviewer.

Dunno if there is another one that I need.

I also have a trial of milkform that hasn't run its course yet (used 4 times) and since my BD is coming up, I might request it as a present.

GMax is the correct one for modeling, correct? I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! as far as modeling is concerned. As I've stated earlier, I don't even know how the files are put together.

Aside from that... I've learned a lot of stuff just since JKO came out, like skinning and mapping. I'm figuring that eventually, I'll get everything learned.

Holy *#@$! I just looked it up and it is what might be described as prohibitively expensive (around $1000). Is there a different program that might be cheaper? How does the company expect anyone to get it legally? Only companies, like Raven could afford the damn thing!

Archived