Home

idea - JK2 team tourney

PJMPirate

here's an idea...

We take a hundred or so players and divide them into rebels and empire. The two armies are fighting over a Risk-type "galaxy map", divided into territories that signify the different star systems - for example, Coruscant, Yavin, Hoth, Tatooine, etc. The two armies bid on who gets to attack, and then the winning army launches an attack from one of their systems into an adjacent system. To determine the results of a battle, the two sides play Team FFA and CTF games of JK2. Each system has a unique map to battle over - Coruscant is ns_streets, Yavin is one of the Jedi Academy maps, and so on. After a few hours of playing, the battle scores are tallied, and the team with the most points (we'll use handicaps for the defenders, probably) will capture\defend the system. The campaign will play out over the course of a few weeks much like a game of Risk or Axis and Allies, with the side who captures x amount of systems winning.

What do you guys think? If you're interested, reply here, and if we get enough ppl, I'll throw up a web site where you can register. HOWEVER:

Stuff we'll need:

Good, low-ping servers

a unique CTF or team ffa map for each system

and players that will work hard to make it a fun experience for everyone.

suggested name: "Dark Remnants"

the idea with more than just an hour of play time is that ppl who wouldn't be able to play at that one hour will get to play, because of the long battle time.

I'm flexible to ideas and suggestions - but we're gonna need ppl.

you could have kill leaderboards and stuff like that for each side,

would it be saber and guns or saber/gun only?

whatever though count me in, sounds cool..

although there will need to be some kind of moderation or it could all go horribly wrong.

nice idea though, good mix of strategy/action :D i likes it

there will be moderation - I'll run the whole caboodle, and each side will have a CinC, some generals, officers, NCOs, and they will be split into squads and such to make ordering easy.

as for the saber\gun thing... probably both. However, we can't have hordes of Jedi & Sith running about, unless we change focus from Empire vs Rebels to Jedi vs Sith (hmmm... possibility...) Probably we could have a few "slots" on each server for each team that could be Jedi\Sith - e.g., on a given server, 10 rebels & 2 or 3 Jedi vs. 10 imperials and 2 or 3 sith.

WE NEED MORE THAN TWO PPL! SPREAD THE WORD! i'll work on putting up a website - maybe that'll be a better draw than a forum post.

Archived