Home

Counter to pull/backstab-sweep?

Phunen ey

I encountered a decent player last night who taught me some new things. The thing is he was really good at the pull/backsweep (didn't do it all the time though). Is there anything other than trying to get up real quick after I get knocked down so I can avoid part of the damage involved?

Or what's a general counter for it so I can avoid getting knocked down in the first place?

I appreciate any help.

TIA

bgc|Phucen-`ey

absorb is the best counter, avoid getting knocked down.

protect helps too, but only as a last ditch effort if you're already on the ground.

Beyond that really all you can do is tap jump three times really fast, holding the jump key on the third press. If you have a better ping than the other guy you'll fly up into the air and his backstab will whiff.

movement keys can get you out of the way too but they don't seem as effective.

If you have a dramatically better ping you can also do a kick from the prone position, pushing the other guy away before his backstab nails you.

If he's doing the stab, and not the sweep, try not doing ANYTHING. If he closes VERY quickly and stabs, if you remain lying down, his saber should just pass over you.

Then when his animation finishes you should be able to get up safely.

If he's a bit slow though, you should try to get up, otherwise you'll try standing up directly into the blade.

Personally, I'd love to be able to roll sideways out of the way of such attacks. If you see the animation where you fall backwards, why shouldn't you, if you're quick, be able to turn that into a back roll? Another change I'd like to see implemented.

Archived