Home

Plo Koon Episode II saber hilt

-Chrono_MOT-

waiting to get "jedi approval" from the usual modellers before I do. They might tell me to elongate or enlarge it a little bit, as it only fits in one hand :p

I would love to release it if someone decides to do a better skin, I have horrible skinning skills :p

Other than that, the model is completely done.

just took a closer look at Morgans hands... it seems that he isn't holding any part of the hilt in the other hand... so it seems the hilt is a little "short".... are you using the thick saber mod?? it looks like the blade is thicker than the hilt...

just some cristisme(sp?) but maybe its okay anyway... and get the Jedi Approval in a hurry ;) this saber REALLY looks niiiiice ;)

Your ingame shots always give me the impression that the character is holding the saber too low. Have you messed with tag_parent? You should really try to get it held higher. Also, looks kinda thin. Going by the Lucasfilms site, a lightsaber (on average) should be around 11 inches long 1.5 inches diameter. That translates directly to 11 units (is it units?) in height and .75 in radius of cylinders (in gmax anyway, i use these numbers as a basis, and it always looks scaled right). Of course there will be variations. Kyles is at least 12 inches. I would guess yoda's to be 6 or 7 inches. Also, try using higher contrast skins, i think i said that somewhere else.

NOTE: don't take any of this bad, i think you're an excellent modeller (cranking out the sabers!), and i know you're thinking "oh, yeah? what have you released?", but it's just my opinion. If it looks right to you, that's what's important.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived