Home

Private Chat

Jasco Smlee

Could anyone tell me how to rebind a key to the private chat command (default T key). I bound my taunt to T and do not know what the command is for private chat.

Oh, and I just read the 'Invidual messages' post below and believe that is not the solution. I tried that and it does show purple, but I think everyone can see it.

I have tried team chat (say_team) but in FFA that just seems works like normal chat. Everyone can see it. I run a server and sometimes in the console when I see people talking it says "blah: tells: blah: blah" instead of "say: blah: blah", so there must be another command. but if I do a cmdlist or cvarlist I can't find anything :(

I managed to work it out :)

I checked it on another PC and it seems that by default the U key is bound to messagemode3. I checked mine and it was bound to messagemode2. It seems that if you set up the U key as the team chat key using the game GUI it sets it to messagemode2, not 3. So to get private chat working properly (if it's not) you : bind U messagemode3. Both message modes work for team_chat, but only messagemode3 will change to private chat when you are looking at a player!

Archived