Home

How to extract .GLA

Ansible

Please, I'm not trying to be a burden, I'm just new to all this. I check the Polycount Jedi Knight II resource links, and looked through the tutorial. I still can't find what I'm looking for.

I was informed that the xsi importer/exporter was in the Editing Tools EXE, that you download from the Raven resource links. But I don't know witch one it is. And if it isn't in there than can someone tell me were to find it??

Thanks in advance.

Read the readme file in the jk2 tools that you downloaded from raven. It'll tell you exactly where it is. And in case you don't know where to put it, put it in the "plugins" directory in your max directory.

I know were to put it, I’m not stupid. I just had a little trouble finding it.

Know there’s the trouble of extracting .GLA files. Can you just tell me how, or were to look, like which tut.

Once agian, I'm not trying to be a burden.:)

JK2 Tools release 2.

Unzip this to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData, Or wherever you have the game installed.

It will create a Tools folder in Gamedata where you'll find these programs:

EffectsEd.exe - the editor we used to create EFX files.

BehavEd.exe - the editor we used to create Icarus scripts.

IBIZE.exe - the Icarus script compiler (Note: the ICARUS compiler used in JK2 is the same as the Elite Force version, but the BehavEd.bhc file has changed.)

roq.exe - tool to compile images into a RoQ video.

and these Documents:

bot_tutorial\bot_tutorial.txt - how to make bots for MP

Bot waypoint tutorial.doc

Guide to SOF2JK2 Vertigons.doc

Guide to SOF2JK2 Weather.doc

ICARUS Manual.doc

JK2_Model_Tutorial_by_Tim_Appleby_JK2.doc

Model Constuction Conventions.doc

Using_EffectsEd.doc

(and this readme.txt)

and SPscripts.zip - all the scripts from JK2 Single Player as reference.

It will also extract the game source folders:

Code\ - all the source code for the game VMs. (see Code\MakeAMod_readme.txt for more info)

bin\ - the folder for code compiling

ui\ - support folder to compile code

It will extract some more example maps and models to Base as well.

This is the readme file you told me to look in, I can't seem to find were it says to find the plugin...can you? Please, if you know the name of the plugin, tell me. I checked all folders for a file that might represent a plugin, found one or two but wasn't what I was looking for. :confused:

Don't know what vers you have.

This is how mine read.

Unzip this to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData, Or wherever you have the game installed.

It will create a Tools folder in Gamedata where you'll find these programs:

JK2Radiant - the map editor.

ShaderEd2 - the shader editor/viewer

sof2map - the map compiler, you will not be using this directly, JK2Radiant uses this.

MD3View - model viewer for .md3 format models

ModView - model viewer for .glm (Ghoul2) format model

carcass - the glm model compiler (uses car files) converts root.xsi to model.glm

Assimilate - edits car files

Max4Tools\XSIImporter.dli - a plugin for Max4 to load and save xsi files

(note carcass requires no spaces in your path so you may have to move the files to build a model!)

There is also a document on how to view models and make skins for Jedi Knight 2.

Archived