Home

Ninja Arena - Need Various Forms of Help

ihavedirt

hi,

[EDIT -- this is a single player map]

im making a ninja arena level/mod [link - http://www.drop-d.com.au/jk2/] and would like some help or guidance.

i posted something similar in the modelling forum (because i was modelling a bo staff) [link - http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65390] but i realised that i have a few questions that need to be resolved which aren't part of modelling. i dont seem to be getting many views/replies so ill post it all here.

i have skinned my own shadowtrooper and reborns to act as ninja as well as a bo staff model i created. i have replaced various sounds and image files so that it is more realistic. im also using a mod for ninja style moves (cartwheel and butterfly when pressing crouch).

these are the things i am having issues with:

* burn mark on walls

* configuring multiple skins for 1 character (ie similar to how reborn works but for say shadowtrooper)

* replacing other weapons with different lightsabers

* glow when saber is thrown or when it is on the floor

* blue glow when saber is thrown and reflects on the floor

i also have come across 2 more things:

* cant find the sound used for when shadow troopers go invisible and then re-appear (similar to a light saber on/off sound

* 1st person saber is different to the 3rd person saber skin

finally, if anyone can tell me how to create a custom spawnable npc (even if its a bit funky), then id appreciate it. ive edited the npcs.cfg file but i think there needs to be more than just that.

id appreciate any feedback via email or post if you know anything about any of these problems im having or things im trying to replace/remove

thanks

~* beau *~

ihavedirt@hotmail.com

OK heres all the help I can give....

Burn marks are something I don't know about but are probably either in the source code - take a look - or the efx folder.

Multiple skins: just make a new .skin file for each of your wanted skins, in the model folder.

Glow - also in the efx folder I think.

walther thanks for the tips.

re: multiple skins. how do you call those skins in the game? i can get modview to view the additional skins but i dont know how to get them to display in game. ie shadowtrooper (standard) and also a red configuration. normally you would npc spawn shadowtrooperred but it cant find the red one?

i cant find a wall impact or burn mark for the saber but i know that the saber called the flesh_impact from the blaster dir but i cant trace wall impact for the saber to that either. same for the glows. i cant find that blue glow reflection

re: g2animent. i tried that but only got a stormtrooper. ive seen some people have also had that same problem?

Archived