Home

A Question for Tchouky or Sithlord

keo718

I noticed a slight limitation with the scaling mod. It seems that tckmodel.cfg can have only a maximum file size of 512k. Anything beyond that and you get an error message and it does not work; the characters show up at the default size. Are any of you aware of this or have any idea how one could get around that? Thanks in advance.

yeah. I was going to make it so it could handle any file size by using new and delete but I couldnt find anywhere else in the source where they used new/malloc or delete/free so I just made it 1024 for size.

Originally posted by Dest

yeah. I was going to make it so it could handle any file size by using new and delete but I couldnt find anywhere else in the source where they used new/malloc or delete/free so I just made it 1024 for size.

Q3 is not using dynamical memory. Thats why it's nowere used. Beside the QVM does not support that memory. It's much safer thas way.

look for the variable buffer.

char * buffer is how I think he had it. Its in a tck struct.

change that to char buffer[1024] then look for tck.buffer and find where it has the 512 size limit and change that 512 to 1024.

Or you can just download my fixed version which is in another thread on here.

"look for the variable buffer. char * buffer is how I think he had it. Its in a tck struct. change that to char buffer[1024] then look for tck.buffer and find where it has the 512 size limit and change that 512 to 1024."

Within which file can I find these buffers?

line 168 in "bg_public.h"

typedef struct

{

qhandle_t saber_glow;

qhandle_t saber_int;

qhandle_t saber_ext;

int serverextended;

tck_ps_t ps[MAX_GENTITIES];

char * buffer;

qboolean bfreg;

} tck_t;

to

char buffer[1024];

"g_client.c":

line 1133

tck.buffer[0] = '\0'

line 1141

if ( len >= 1024 )

Ok, all of these terms are greek to me. Please someone, if you can, give me a step by step process of how to increase the max file size of the tckmodel.cfg file from 512k to maybe 1024k. Please include what files I need to edit, and where I can find the files to edit them. I would greatly appreciate this.

Archived