Gmax Turorials/suggestions

KBell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyger- ok to resize the saber of your creation do this

1. Click File, Import

2.Import a saber from the base, models, saber directory

3.your created saber probly is HUGE compared to the real one used in game so click the resize button, i think its next to the rotate button and make it as small as you want. Then right click on the REAL saber and hide it

4.To find out your polygon count click on your created saber and click to "tool"tab on the same row as the Geometric shapes tab and click the Polygon Counter and it will give you the number of polys in your saber. remember it HAS to stay between 100 to 1000 polys.I dont know how to figure out the vetices.

Gram Reaper- trust me, i gave up trying to skin my damn model LOOONG ago

:p Dont worry if you first saber is crappy and dont worry if other people think you saber is crappy, EVERYONE has to start somewhere. If you want ill send you a reference model of my Saber in G-Max form to your E-Mail?

dont worry about it, if the poly count goes above 1000 ill fix it, just make any addons you think would look nice on the hilt. Ill look at your tonight and adjust the poly count on it and send it to you either tonight or tommorrow

Originally posted by Gram_Reaper

How do you take screens?

erh have you tried the button called "Print Screen" ??

then go into Photo Shop or something like that and click on crtl + v then there should appear a picture of your current screen (like of you click on the print screen now you will see this post, your internet window and your start menu)

its the best way i know of taking screenshots :rhett:

Originally posted by BakerS8er

Lyger- ok to resize the saber of your creation do this

1. Click File, Import

2.Import a saber from the base, models, saber directory

3.your created saber probly is HUGE compared to the real one used in game so click the resize button, i think its next to the rotate button and make it as small as you want. Then right click on the REAL saber and hide it

4.To find out your polygon count click on your created saber and click to "tool"tab on the same row as the Geometric shapes tab and click the Polygon Counter and it will give you the number of polys in your saber. remember it HAS to stay between 100 to 1000 polys.I dont know how to figure out the vetices.

Gram Reaper- trust me, i gave up trying to skin my damn model LOOONG ago

:p Dont worry if you first saber is crappy and dont worry if other people think you saber is crappy, EVERYONE has to start somewhere. If you want ill send you a reference model of my Saber in G-Max form to your E-Mail?

alright thanks man

Hey Gram, i think i got your saber model but i cant view it right now, i ll make my adjustments tomorrow and send you the file on Thursday. Oh by the way, i have been working really hard on a new saber. Its Aliesha Darkstars saber, would you like to see it, i took some screenies of it. Just Give me your E-Mail and ill send it

Archived