Home

Spoiler - Beating Reborn after Reactor

agracer

Can anyone offer advise on beating the reborn after the reactor level (The docking platform).

When you start the level their are three doors in the room. The one to the left has a nice stash of weapons, forward (I think) is locked and to the right is a hall with another door. Thru this door and into a large round room and two reborn wearing suits appear from the center of the floor.

I read the strategy guide and it says their suits are resistant to lightsabers. So, how the heck do I get them. I've tried the guns but they just grip them out of my hand. I think I've lasted about 90-seconds at the most. I've gotten a few hits in but for the most part I'm just running in circles trying to stay away from them b/c they're so fast.

Anyone have any advice?

Well, I did manage to get them using meduim attack.

I also killed one by ascending to the upper levels and when he followed me by jumping really high, I force pushed him just before he landed on the platform and he fell to his death.

The last guy was a combination of guns and saber. Since I thought, incorrectly, that the saber would do no damage I would use it to block the continuous throws and attacks, and when I managed to knock one or both down, I quickly switch to a weapon, fire a few blasts at them, then right back to saber to block the saber throw from them. It was by accident that I realized I could beat them with the saber when I swiped one and he died. ... it was a pleasant suprise.

I was getting real frustrated with the double teaming of the two Shadow Troopers so I came up with my own strategy where I don't even have to touch them.

Note that this only works if you have some detonation packs available!

The hatch at the bottom of the floor that contains the troopers does not begin to open until you near the edge of the entry platform. So what I did was:

1. Select Detonation packs

2. Hit force speed

3. Run to the edge of the hatch.

4. As the hatch opens (in slow motion, since you are still in force speed mode), throw a det pack into the middle of the aperture.

5. Back up

6. Detonate before the hatch is open enough for the troopers to jump out (about halfway)

No more shadow troopers! I did it with two packs, but one will probably suffice.

Also, make sure that after you detonate, you switch to the lightsaber for a couple reasons:

- in the event a shadow trooper survives, you can take it on.

- As soon as both shadow trooopers die, a bunch of regular stormtroopers pop out of the other door.

Have fun!

Popo

:fett:

Originally posted by agracer

Well, I did manage to get them using meduim attack.

I also killed one by ascending to the upper levels and when he followed me by jumping really high, I force pushed him just before he landed on the platform and he fell to his death.

Easiest way to do it, mate.

C'mon guys, they're not THAT tough!

Just keep moving, make use of bacta tanks when necessary, and quick saves.

If you can get a safe second, use the strategy I posted earlier on shadow troopers: force grip, and as soon as the trooper's blade shuts off, throw your saber and you'll cut him right through the middle.

I'd suggest, though, that you try to knock off one of the troopers by swiping and running first, then using the grip when you don't have a 2nd trooper around to run up and swipe you from behind.

Good luck!

Archived