Home

SP Mods

Dest

Well do you guys know any better ways to make single player mods? You don't have the SP source code but you do have the MP source code. Just because you use MP source code doesn't mean it has to be a multiplayer game.

My definition of a single player mod: A mod where you fight bots instead of players.

Emons definition: A mod that uses the SP source code.

Since we don't have the SP source emon's definition doesn't leave us much room to go so I like my definition better.

And if one person recoded multiplayer so that you could use it for single player then everyone could use it and have /thedestroyer in SP.

Originally posted by C]-[33S3/\/\@N

get over it..............

:evanpiel:

point taken.

The original issue itself didnt realy bother me.

I just found ppl jumping on someone because he was using the

more standard definition of "Singleplayer Mod" to be annoying.

There isnt even realy anything wrong with Dest's definition.

It just wasnt clear what he was talking about at the begining.

Now that we have all that cleared up...what was Dest's telling us? I forgot :p

Technically, Emon is correct. You need the Single Player source code if you want to make a mod for the SINGLE PLAYER VERSION of the game.

HOWEVER...Dest is right: Single Player...if you REALLY want to get down into the grit of it...means something where you play against bots, and not other human beings. If somebody created a completely scripted storyline that consisted of Kyle and no other human players...one that you didn't really have to connect to the net for in the first place... using the Multiplayer executable, then that WOULD technically be a Single Player mod. ;)

So it would seem to be, they are BOTH correct...in their own right. There was simply a misunderstanding.

Now that I'm done with that little tidbit: Dest, you mentioned that you were able to switch the saber from its original hand in the Single Player version of the game...? I'm...still a bit confused on how you went about that...

*facepalms* That's the point! It IS possible to use the multiplayer source code to create single player game. Call it Single Player-Like if you so choose, but he was pointing out the possibilities[\i]. ;) ... *wiggles her nose at Emon* :p Nyaaaaa! *giggles*

I was talking about more than spawning storm troopers. I meant if someone added like goals and waypoints for the stormtroopers so they would patrol or guard or whatever. maybe even something that could get the waypoint data and stuff right out of the single player maps so you could load whole single player maps with all the storm troopers, goals, and waypoints into multiplayer.

You'd have to program ICARUS into MP (WLS is doing that I hear), you'd have to completely rewrite the saber and Force systems to be like SP, you'd have to remake all the SP entities for MP, and a ****load of stuff that just isn't worth the effort.

Okay, it's POSSIBLE. Well it's also possible for me to go make a complete remake of the original SW movies with my friends, but is it worth the effort? No.

If you just want to make a new weapon for SP, it's not worth it. If you want to make a huge ass TC or something, then maybe it's worth it.

Well SP saber would be nicer but it isnt essential to getting SP style missions working in multiplayer. Once you get the groundwork in place you can worry about stuff like lots of work for a better duel system.

Originally posted by Jaii der Herr

Why should I rewrite the saber and force systems? Why must it be like the Jedi Outcast SP mode?

It doesn't have to be, but the saber system is much better at least. For many SP missions like my own, it just would not happen without JO's SP saber combat.

Archived