Home

WIP:New saber model-Apex Saber (help)

Chrioboy

My friend, SlayerXXL and I have taken one the task of modeling and skinning this saber:

http://www.thelightsaber.com/ContestWinners.htm

(its second to the bottom)

The creator of this saber was Andrew Rosario. We still don’t know what he calls it so we refer to it as the Apex Saber.

SlayerXXL is doing the modeling and I’m (Chrioboy) going to skin and do the ingame graphics.

Here is what we’ve done so far:

http://members.aol.com/Chrioboy/preview.jpg

But there is a problem XXl hasn’t done uvw mapping before and can't get it to work properly so if anyone can help please do. He is using 3Ds Max Email him at: slayerxxl@hotmail.com

he sent it to me and i just finished and sent it back, the handle doesnt quite look like that though, the one he sent me looks just like a pipe, no detail on it, i guess the detail will be in the skin. hes must be new to modeling, the saber had over 1800 polys so i had to redo and edit parts of the model, it looks exactly the same though. i got it down to just over 900 polys, which is still high but its the best i could do without completely redoing the model.

This was a problem we faced right away when making the saber, but we found a way to solve it: make a folder in your GameData DIRECTORY called 'Apex' and put a saber .pk3 in the folder. Now when you load up the game select mods under options and choose 'Apex.'

BUT THIS ONLY FIXES THE PROBLEM BY MAKING IT A CLEINT BASED MOD.

Can someone tell us why our pk3s wont work on load up?

Im going to repack the sabers with a few color changes and replace the link above with the updated version. Ill let you know when thats done.

The shorter names are:

saber1.zip for the silver saber

saber2.zip for the red saber

saber3.zip for the blue saber

I just submitted them to Jediknightii.net, but you can dl them from the link above (i fixed the files thx to Madjai).

More models coming soon!!!

Please give us a honest saber rating in the file section, i want to know how well i did on my first skin (atleast its not one of those ugly plain metal textures).:band:

Archived