Home

Lightsaber Hilts in Progress

quamosity

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the bump. I appreciate not having to search a couple pages for my thread.

I have been really really busy for the past week. I am a Resident Assistant at my University and they give me little to no free time. It should settle down once school starts in a week and a half, but until then, I hope I can find some more free time.

Don't worry though, I am still alive. I appreciate the concern immensely. Thank you very much :)

-quamosity

i know there is hundreds of tutorials and crap out on the net some where but is there an easy way to make reflective metal, chrome textures/skins for my lightsaber models cause if i try and make them chrome, they turn out horrible and if i do i shiny metal it looks like some little kid with a grey crayon colored my model. i pretty good at paintshop pro 7 and have photoshop but i am more flewent in paintshop pro. anybody have some good tutorials that are pretty basic, i've been to the skinning forum and used many of the links but cant find any metal tutorials for paintshop pro (that actually look like metal), i'm also willing to use photoshop but im still a begginer.

i figured those modelers that model and skin there models know some good links, quamosity or anyother modelers, do u know any good tutorials for either photoshop or paintshop pro

also i need a good skin mesher for milkshape. i've seen how they work for gmax on the gmax tutorial for making lightsabers for jk2, but is there one for milkshape, and if there is where? (im talking about making like a map of my model to skin the sides)

and yes i know this probably goes in the skinning forum

I'd love a custom character hilt as well, I had designed one for my character in roleplays and fan fics, really quite similar to qui gon jin's but it has 3 claw like protrusions that resemble the end of Count Dooku's

I've always wanted to see it in game but I cant model to save myself, anyone want to try the task?

Forums end that lightsaber is in the works right now. dont know how the fighting would look though when you fought with it. But it seems like a good idea. And there was actually a bodygaurd that darth maul killed who used a lightasber like that. Cant remember what EU book but im positive its there.

I started working on Mara Jade's MOTS saber and all I have left to complete is the meshing and skinning part. I have a free day friday, so I will try and take care of some of that then.

I am able to convert the Exar Kun saber, but will only do so under the permission of the author. I have to say, though, that it is a beautiful model. Other lightsaber conversions will be looked at before I consider converting them. Some of these other hilts are just too polywasteful for my tastes and as such I do not want to work with them.

And to Bogus: I have no plans to make non-saber weapon models for JK2. I have not made any weapon models for AHL. I think you might have me confused for someone else. I was mostly a player model skinner.

Hopefully I will find some free time. I still want to make that gaffi stick.

-quamosity

Quamosity,

I've never modeled before so is texturing when i select a group and make a material and assign it to that group? I have tried to select a group and when I do the whole saber gets covered with the material except for the group I selected. AM I do something wrong?

Ok Quamosity I could really use your help. I created this saber

http://www.geocities.com/darkness_112000/Sicklesaber4.html. I have already scaled it to the correct size. I added the materials to the groups. What do I do next. I see in your saber files you have a picture of the skin of the model how did you do this? I also do not understand the tags so any assistance would be great. And also Thanks in advance!:D

I use the default texture meshing stuff that comes with Milkshape. Everything I do is done in Milkshape, except skinning, of course.

If you are having problems with it, Keep your pieces small. Its very difficult to mesh one giant saber, but if you break it down into smaller parts (like just the emitter, and even smaller cylinder parts) it is much more easier to work with.

Those hilts are excellent! The pike was especially impressive, and it was great to see Exar's hilt finally made compatible. Do you know if remark666 wants to include them in his next official hilt pack?

Also, I originally posted this in the request thread, but I was afraid it was getting overlooked, and you seem like the ultimate hilt man, so I thought you might be interested in doing it:

I've got a request for a hilt model. I think someone should do a darksword. It's supposed to be an ancient sith weapon that predates lightsabers. It consists of a sword whose blade can be plasmatically charged. I'm no modeller, but someone could make a hilt with an actual blade as part of the model. When the lightsaber is activated, it would look as if the blade were being 'charged.' I think this would look pretty cool, and it would probably be a nice change of pace from other hilts.

As for references, a darksword was wielded by Mighella, a Nightsister and bodyguard of Master Lex in Darth Maul 3 and 4. Here are a couple of pics culled from thelightsaber.com:

http://www.thelightsaber.com/histories/mighella1.gif

http://www.thelightsaber.com/histories/mighella2.gif

I have been wanting to make more of the Jedi Council Members sabers, so I did Kit Fitsos:

Kit Fitso's Lightsaber Hilt:

http://web.umr.edu/~mlang/jk2/Sabers/saber_fitso.jpg

It's in the same package as above.

About that sword/saber request-

I will see what I can do, and if I can fit it in. Thats about all I can say at the moment.

-quamosity

Archived