Home

Spawn model... cheating?

Sniper Wolf

Hey I was wondering if it is considered "cheating" to base a character off an already made model, because I wanted to make Spawn as he appears in the series 4 figures by Todd McFarlane (the figure with the huge guns, discontinued (and I have it mwahah)) but that is obviously a huge task since he is ripped and has many extra little bags and holsters and grenades on him, so I was wondering if its a no-no to use a character such as Desann for the base for Spawn? In other words, would people not like it that I stole most of Desann's parts for Spawn? Thanks.

- Wolf :jawa

Uhm well Desann is pretty ripped and he has the shoulder pads and the leg armor. I would just need to add the spikes and do a new head and of course add the bullet straps and the skulls on the belt and chest, then I could uvmap it (hehe) and such. It would look badass. Anyone have comments or critisism?

Holy crap, Shoemaker did you run CC at St. Pius highschool? I was on the team and I can't remember if you graduated this year or not (if you are the Matt Shoemaker I know). If its you, then its a small world I guess, I ran on the team also.

I am not the person you think I am. I went to Canyon Springs High School, though I did graduate this year. I was OCH until I had my username changed. If you remember, I was the one that claimed your Vash model was an Anime character before I found it was.

I would like pictures of the original Spawn as he appears in the movie (with the cape) and pictures of him as he appears with the huge guns, without the cape but with the huge spikes on his arms and legs. I dont remember what period this was from but they have a figure of him like this. Can ya help?

edit: I found a picture of the version I was talking about, but I got the special edition figure where he has his normal black mask with the white:

http://www.spawntoys.com/Series12/spawnIVB.jpg

I think the series figure you're lookin at is series 3. That's when they added the full spike boot on his leg and carried it throught to now. Or just for kicks u can try to make the "wings of redemption Spawn" or the deluxe boxed Spawn statue that's out now.

Sniper, it really depends on where you want to take you modelling. If you really want to go with it, I'd suggest starting from scratch.

Very cool of you to ask for permission from authors to convert or use as a base though. I can't believe how many times I've seen models ripped or converted without the original autors consent.

Good Luck!

GOOD NEWS! I got permission from Alcor to use his model as a base! It will be completed within 5 or 6 weeks (since Alcor will not be back until August and I need his ok for releasing) so expect a great accomplishment, I have high hopes and I hope I can live up to these expectations. If anyone has more suggestions or would like to help skin it or uvwmap it when it is ready, just contact me on ICQ at 163908539 or AIM at Ataris1123. Of course there are dozens of versions of Spawn so if anyone would like to help skin those, contact me as well. Thanks for your continued support.

Archived