Home

npcs.cfg

acewombat

I have edited this file a hundred times and I can't get it to work right. I wanted to change the Jedi trainer's AI so he was against the player in single player instead of an ally. So I changed to playerteam enemy enemy team player -but when he spawns he uses a blaster instead of a saber, I tried changing his class and his snd combat -still no luck. I gave hime the reborn class he than had the saber but was still firing blaster shots. Is this possible? I extracted NPCS.cfg and edited the trainer's info saved the file and moved in along with the ex_data folder that it was inside to pakscape I saved it as a .pk3 and put that in my base -Is this not the correct way-please help.

It's probably jacked because you don't have any ICARUS scripts controlling his action and what weapons he has. All your NPCs.cfg stuff is right, but it has to be coupled with ICARUS as well. I can't help you on the subject, I haven't looked into it much yet, but I know a few people are writing some tutorials. I'll bet Jipe is going to make a post saying he's working on them right now... :)

Originally posted by Emon

but I know a few people are writing some tutorials. I'll bet Jipe is going to make a post saying he's working on them right now... :)

Yeh Jipe told me in my scripting thread that he was working on a tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...

acewombat wrote:

<< I have edited this file a hundred times and I can't get it to work right. I wanted to change the Jedi trainer's AI so he was against the player in single player instead of an ally. >>

Everything is right, but his classification is wrong. You are trying to make a dark Jedi with a Jedi name. His name is jeditrainer. Notice there is the word "jedi" in front of the other jedi, as in "jedi", "jedi2", "jedif". He's "jeditrainer". You need to call him "reborntrainer". Just the fact you used "reborn" classes him as a dark jedi and that will mean he can only use his force powers to do evil again you. The good guys can't dark side powers to help you out. Does this make any sence? If not, email me at JediShemL@aol.com Oh, I came out with a mod called "ultimate mod 3.0" you may want to check out. I made lots of modifications in the npcs.cfg file. I made new spawns Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Aurra Sing, and Mara Jade. You could look at my work to give you more of an idea about how this works. Take care.

Archived