Home

Stuck in Dromund Kaas Swamp -MotS- Need Help!

Chiles4

I've been wondering around the swamp where you first find yourself in the Swamp level in Mots for about two weeks now. Don't know how to get thru the "forcefield". I've tried force-pulling (nothing to pull), force-seeing (nothing to see). I've flown thru the entire level and even looked at the map - no help. The walkthrough says I'll fall into a sinkhole and come back up to the surface. I've walked around the entire area for God know hows long playing a bit here and there for two weeks and have not fallen into anything.

This has started to become "not fun". If anyone can throw me a pointer I'd greatly appreciate it - as I don't often get the time to play I've wasted way too much already on this.

You're reading the wrong spot in the walkthrough; that comes later in the level. Don't sweat it though, that's a very popular place to get stuck. It's actually a ridiculously easy puzzle once you know how.

You were on the right track with Force Seeing; but you should be more worried about being seen.

Right on the other side of the forcefield is a sentinel (that statue thing). Check it out with Force Seeing. Notice how the eyes are glowing?

Just find some way to prevent the sentinel from seeing you, and remember, this puzzle was designed to let only Force-users past.

Weird but it turned out that I needed to have two specific force powers - neither one worked alone. I had to go back to the ending of the previous level and assign my "force stars" differently to get the right force powers. I barely use "force" at all in MotS but I know that later on it will be necessary. Come to think of it I barely use force in JK2. Thanks for the help.

No prob.

And yeah, the Force is critically important on Dromuund Kaas (as it would be in any Sith Temple/Fortress). Remember that the whole place is designed for Force users.

After you beat it, go back and play through the game with nothing but the lightsaber and the "full Force" cheat.

• 1 month later...

Archived