Home

Making model parts disappear?

KapnKeg

Does anybody know how to make part of a model disappear?

If it's possible, I was wanting to release my clonetrooper with two different heads. One would obviously be the clonetrooper head and the other would be that of a clonepilot ... since their bodies are identical. Is this possible using only one .glm? Thanks in advance for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

Madjai ... thanks for the feedback.

I understand what you're saying, so here's the logic that I'm using to decide that this should be possible. With the stormtrooper model, his shoulderpads are there, but apparently they're able to be turned off. If you can turn them off, surely there's a way to turn them on (or, not turn the off in the first place). So, I should be able to have both heads in the same file (with different names, of course), only I turn off one head for one model and then turn the other one off for the other. If I can just find a way to hide certain objects in the geometry, I have no doubt that I can make this work.

At the very worst, I could simply include two separate pk3's in my release, but I think it would be cooler to do it this way and KNOW HOW TO do it this way.

Archived