Home

player block, to let just 2 duelists in...

NITEMARE

i was wondering if someone already had some thoughts on those block textures. there is one for npcs and for the player. would it be possible to make one tha lets just 2 duelists enter a certain area and then be a playerblock again?n i am planing on haeving a better duel system where players can join a server and spontanously go into a duel with somebody. that would be great for ladders, the would need just 1 server to do the work. players would arange a fight and would not have to book the server but just go in there and have a good private duel. at the moment i only have this duelffa cvar that makes player invulnerable if they holster their saber which is not possible in duel mode. with that i force them to challange each other to duels. but there is so much chaos going around in an ffa game...

thats why i need some entity that fills an area where duelists can fight without beeing disturbed by other players. another possibility would be to make the dueling clients ignore other players. they would just not see them. that would work on all maps then! i can look by myself but dont know if i get something out of it. please help!

that would be one of the ideas to look after but a forcefield like we know it would be a big performance killer. i will stick with the ignoring idea. for now other players are just made darker but they are solid and can affect the player...

if other players would not be drawn and couldnt block us, that would be a very fine thing,

Archived