Home

Generic Jedi. What should I do with him!?

LD1984

http://ld1984.homestead.com/files/jdi.jpg

Hey everybody. I'm a long time listener, first time caller.

One day, I just started modeling without a concept. This is what I have so far. PLEASE ignore the shoulders, butt and the fact that the hands are ginormous.

I have NO clue what to do with this model. I think he should have hair, but I don't know what style it should be in. Should he be an old guy? A big fat adult?

I'd like to keep the model original. I don't want to turn it into any kind of Starwars character. Just in the style of SW.

I'm done for now. Help?

I think you should just give him some plain old hair, maybe like Kyle's. Make him young, slim, etc. If you get a good face and head done, I'd love to skin the rest for my SP level, that would rock as a player model.

does he have a suit jacket and tie on?! is this his "formal" jedi attire? maybe he's a super spy on a top secret mission. just kidding ... i'm only having fun with you.

he kind of reminds me of a male version of mara jade. i'd like to see an older bad@$$ jedi around during the new republic after the founding of the jedi academy... kind of like a jean luc picard jedi ... cool, confident, experienced. i see him as bald, only on top, with gray hair on the sides/back of his head with a gray goatee.

what's going on with his back? in the side view it looks like there's some sort of hump at the base of his neck.

one last thing, when you say you want him to be original, but not any kind of star wars character, what do you mean? would he be a jedi at all? i don't really understand that statement.

looking good so far. keep up the great work.

adillon- He has some kind of weird shirt type thing with a collar type doodad thing. What I meant from the original character comment was that I don't want him to be a character from the movies or previous games. I want him to be my own original character.

I'm going to try afew variations of the model and see what I like. The idea of a blonde guy interests me, but the idea of having an older guy interests me too....

Gosh...that above comment sounds kinda perverted when you think about it.

I've already thought of a name for one of the variations.

TANNON ROTIDE!

Originally posted by LD1984

What I meant from the original character comment was that I don't want him to be a character from the movies or previous games. I want him to be my own original character.

that's what i hoped you'd say. original sw universe characters help to add a personal touch to this incredible game. maybe the variations fo the model could be one character at different phases of his life/different ages. maybe the younger version is a student at the academy, and the older version when he's been a jedi knight for many years. just a thought.

is the funky doodad collar thing an ascot? ;)

sorry, i couldn't resist.

btw, i dig the name.

and LD1984, just so YOU know (whether or not you care is a different story, heheh), this post has officially made me an ewok. HOOWAH!

Archived