Home

Something I noticed about 1.04 patch details

jarek

Yes, I know theres already an "official 1.04 thread". But I wanted to point out a specific detail about it which can be discussed here, instead of the main thread.

I couldnt help notice theres only a mention of tweaking the light stance backstab damage, not the medium or strong stance. You backstab whiners may not be out of the woods yet. :eek: However, with the changes made on the force pull power, it might not be so easy to knock people down. And if thats so, itd cut down on the pull/backstabs. I guess we wont know for sure until tomorrow night when the patch goes live.

Yes, thats right..another backstab thread. I didnt wanna turn the main 1.04 thread into a huge backstab arguement.

" Corrected bug allowing players to pivot while executing

backstab moves in all stances. Players may no longer pivot

when executing these moves."

All stances ...

http://www.shacknews.com/finger/?fid=khoekstra@ravensoft.com

I would erase this thread before accidentaly spreading disinformation.

I often erase my own threads due to mistakes.

Just a suggestion, not an attack on your person whatsoever.

Originally posted by QuietSith

" Corrected bug allowing players to pivot while executing

backstab moves in all stances. Players may no longer pivot

when executing these moves."

All stances ...

Do you understand the meaning of the word pivot?

pivot - The act of turning

You dont have to pivot while doing the backstab to get a 1 hit kill.

I would erase this thread before accidentaly spreading disinformation.

Disinformation? What I said was merely speculation. As I said above, we'll find out tomorrow night.

Originally posted by jarek

Do you understand the meaning of the word pivot?

pivot - The act of turning

You dont have to pivot while doing the backstab to get a 1 hit kill.

Disinformation? What I said was merely speculation. As I said above, we'll find out tomorrow night.

"Corrected issue causing damage not to ramp up and down

properly when using the backstab move in light saber stance."

http://www.shacknews.com/finger/?fid=khoekstra@ravensoft.com

Red (and I believe yellow) pivot ...

Blue is the one that backstabs straight behind.

The biggest complaint on my 1.04 mod server is that people can't spin while backstabbing and that the blue straight damage was nerfed - i.e. compiled source code unofficial patch = 1.04 official patch.

It's also the biggest compliment. Most people like the change.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. My server is up if you want a taste of 1.04.

"Corrected issue causing damage not to ramp up and down properly when using the backstab move in light saber stance."

Damage on the light stance backstab has been changed. They made no mention of medium and strong stance damage. You are correct in saying all 3 stances cannot pivot during the move, I never said you could. I feel as if we are going around in circles here.

Not being able to pivot doesnt really take away power. It just forces people who backstab to be more acurate since you cant turn it.

It is possible to backstab the person directly behind you, then pivot around quickly and nail the person who's in front (or to the side) of you too. I think thats what they are trying to stop. It will be a good change.

I don't know of other 1.04 patch/mod servers to suggest.

My server is presently running with unofficial 1.04 mod/patch.

I suggest you get on and try it and experiment with the moves.

That's basically what will be changed in the 'official 1.04 patch' - I am 99.9 % certain of this.

Two of the regulars I know are gully foyle and vera.

If you want, go ahead and ask them to have you try it - tell them "QuietSith" sent ya. :)

Did you notice a difference?

jarek: By taking out the ability to turn while doing a backsweep the power is greatly diminished. The backstab is dangerous even without turning simply because it happens quickly, if you're backed up against an oppenent you can score a quick and easy kill if their reactions are a fraction of a second late in getting out of the way. With the backsweep, however, the long wind up time means that you have ample time to backflip, roll, of just jump out of the way. When able to turn while using the backsweep their was no dead period of calm before the swing, just a whirlwind of death. With the fact that you can no longer turn while doing a backsweep comes the realization that you are extremely vulnerable while preforming one, totally open to any number of sabre attacks as well as kicks to immobilize you. I've played my fair share of games with the 1.03a beta code released with the multiplayer SDK and I must say that it really is balanced, and that the backstab/sweep can no longer be spammed but must be used when the situation dictates instead of one the user's whim.

Originally posted by The Fromeister

jarek: By taking out the ability to turn while doing a backsweep the power is greatly diminished. The backstab is dangerous even without turning simply because it happens quickly, if you're backed up against an oppenent you can score a quick and easy kill if their reactions are a fraction of a second late in getting out of the way. With the backsweep, however, the long wind up time means that you have ample time to backflip, roll, of just jump out of the way. When able to turn while using the backsweep their was no dead period of calm before the swing, just a whirlwind of death. With the fact that you can no longer turn while doing a backsweep comes the realization that you are extremely vulnerable while preforming one, totally open to any number of sabre attacks as well as kicks to immobilize you. I've played my fair share of games with the 1.03a beta code released with the multiplayer SDK and I must say that it really is balanced, and that the backstab/sweep can no longer be spammed but must be used when the situation dictates instead of one the user's whim.

Not being able to pivot doesnt lessen the damage. It just makes it less dangerous.

Not being able to pivot would leave you open for an attack from the front...Yeah, I never argued with that.

And as for the backsweep "long wind up time", I have no clue what youre talking about. I use the strong stance backstab and kill people 99% of the time when they hit the ground. Its fast enough..and if you escape (jump, roll or whatever) its cuz my timing was off, or someone interfered, not because its slow.

kthxbye :)

The only change that even caught my eye was a mention of the upgraded network code...

Otherwise I would assume this will play just like the compile sdk does. Where backsweep only does 30 damage with a dead on hit. So no, no one hit kill. Your best bet for that will be red DFA only now. Maybe a medium DFA, but that's easy to avoid when used by a spammer.

Archived