Home

An epiffany.....

Darth Vitruvio

This is regarding the release of Jedi Outcast on the X-Box and it's modification capabilities. Since Jedi Outcast is set to be released on the X-box, what will become of its modifications? Will it still be modifyable on the X-Box? Will others still be able to play Hydroball on the X-box rendered Jedi Outcast? I hope so. It sure would be a pity if we couldn't play Hydroball or the skins we would like in multiplayer X-Box Jedi Outcast..... The mods, skins, and levels are what helps Jedi Outcast be greater than it already is. I've been banned from my home computer so I can't play Jedi Outcast on it. My only hope now is my X-Box..... What is to become of the ultimate Jedi Outcast experience if I can't experience it to the fullest? This brings me to another question: Will X-Box users be able to duel against PC users? Will Gamespy Arcade and Tunnel allow it? The answeres to these questions can only be found in the future...... I look forward to finding them...... This epiffany struck my head like a lightning bolt and I just thought I should bring awareness to it so nobody gets caught with their pants down later on..... If any of you honorable Bounty Hunters, Jedis, or Siths have any insights to this or answeres, please reply to this message. Thank you and may the force be with you.... Always.

-Darth Vitruvio

• 2 weeks later...

I understand you can purchase a hard drive your the XBox. Perhaps it will keep mods there. For JK2 to run like that on the XBox it'll have to understand what a .pk3 file is ansd what to do with it.. your guess is as good as mine on that.

I'm thinking the XBox users will only be able to play on XBox servers separate from all the PC users, like the difference between Everquest for the PC & EQ for the PS2.

I find it funny that how, through the generations, all consoles have been doing is become more like PCs. Sooner or later you won't be able to tell the difference. :rolleyes:

But hey, if a release on X-Box brings in a new wave of players over PC servers, and that's a stiff "maybe," I'm all for it. I just hope most will have a usb keyboard for it to complain when I frag them. :D

Me think the controls for the X-Box version will be pretty weird and difficult to control. Yes I have played HALO on the box, but it was still different than the standard keyboard and mouse and it was much more difficult to handle.

You cant beat the fine tuned control and variety of the kb/mouse combo. From what I know of the PS2 EQ Norrath is scaled down quite a bit, everything from the zone size to the character types to quest & item variety. Not to mention chatting on the thing will be a real pain.

yep, that blows. One of many reasons why I prefer the PC. faster, prettier, better controls, better games (some console games are good but 99% of them are dumbed down for the mainstreamers). Just all round better IMO. I still like the console stuff, I just don't put the money into it.

Archived