Home

Dismemberment mod won't work......

Tyrant171

I got this dismemberment mod off Fileplanet, but it won't work for some reason. I'm using a blood mod that works fine, though.

I extracted the .pk3 file to the base directory, but to no avail. It won't show up in the mod thing in the setup menu in-game (although the blood mod doesn't either, hmmmm.......).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Instead of dealing with a mod to do this, you could type this into the console:

cg_dismember # (300 is usually a good replacement for #)

The higher the number, the more sensitive dismemberment areas are and the farther the pieces go flying. This command usually works with base and mods... provided you have it on. :)

However:

I extracted the .pk3 file to the base directory, but to no avail. It won't show up in the mod thing in the setup menu in-game (although the blood mod doesn't either, hmmmm.......).

This may be your problem. Try stuffing the mod file into the plain Gamedata folder and see what happens; I find that mods are one of the few files that don't go in the Gamedata/base directory.

D'oh. :(

Ok then, you will need to try this:

Locate your Gamedata\base directory, and save an existing copy of jk2mpconfig.cfg somewhere. This is in case we screw something up, and it tells you to not edit it besides. Now then, open up your working copy of jk2mpconfig.cfg in Wordpad. Please don't use MS Notepad; it likes to draw "enter" commands as black boxes. Then, place the following text where the bind commands are listed:

bind ` "toggleconsole"

bind ~ "toggleconsole"

That should do it. :cool:

qs, the slash doesn't matter, as JK2 has a really good syntax engine. It could be /, \, or even omitted, and it would still work for most commands, in the same way you can omit the ""s in bind x +taunt.

Just my $.02, as it looks like yer trying to nail me on that point. Thankfully scripting in JK2 from the console is nowhere near as tedious as in T2 - I recall having whole scripts die on me from a missing quotation mark, close bracket, or close parentheses. Oi. :eek:

You're right about the syntax, I stand corrected.

Since it's MP...

Just ditch the mod and go for the cg_dismember 300 thing.

There is argument whether it's 2 or 300 - that makes the difference - 300 should be safe.

If a server has g_dismember at 2 or 300, you'll see it.

I believe most servers have dismember on now.

Archived