Home

Modeling Questions

Sebulba-Dug

i think someones doing a Royal Guard model already, somewhere on the forums.

but anyway: for modelling for free you cant get better than gmax, available from http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax. theres various tutorials on the site and ive also put this together specifically for JKII. if u have money to spend, but not much, some might recommend Milkshape, which is summat like $30 to register, altho i cant recommend it having never used it. ask V!G or sum1 for that. if u have a large budget, and i mean LARGE, u really want 3D Studio Max, available sumwhere on the Discreet website, it does EVERYTHING save animations, pretty much. i think the full pack is about $3000 (told u u needed a large budget), altho that figure may be a little out and theres probs a cheaper package available. finally, if u want to go the whole hog, pick urself up a copy of SoftImage|XSI Advanced for only $13000, or SoftImage|XSI Essentials for $9000. this is THE tool for pros, and does animations and everything. id suggest trying out gmax first tho, even if ur gonna get MAX, cos its fairly easy to get started with and learn what ur doing.

hope that helps!

Archived