Home

Arena Beasts?

Kit Fisto

I have softimage xsi 2.01....Just got my trainign CDS :) . But i would be glad to help. I would look at this as a learning experince. contact me on MSN...Joe@williamirvine.com

AS for low poly...Box modeling is out of the question...Anybody know how to modeling using splines, and patches? That would seem to be the route to take.

From Chang

"It may be possible to do new anims, but Ghoul2 wasn't really designed to be heavily moddable in terms of animations. This is something we're discussing here and we're trying to figure out the best way to make it so the mod community can do this. I think James Monroe (our lead programmer) had an idea about this, but he went on vacation and won't be back until the 22nd...

Michael Chang Gummelt

Gameplay Programmer: Jedi Knight II

Raven Software

http://www.ravensoft.com"

And About the Source Code Release:

"Yep, I know. It was a decision we had to make in order to do what we wanted to do in the amount of time we had. I've had to explain and justify it repeatedly, I know it kinda sucks, but it's too late now. No amount of reasoned argument is going to rewrite the SP code to be in VMs so it's releasable. All I can say is we'll try to make the next game (if we do one) more mod-friendly (plus, it will probably have a saberstaff at least - where else could we go with the saber?). In the mean time, you can do some cool things with ICARUS, but you can't really change the lightsaber or weapons much. On the other hand, you can do this stuff with multiplayer, no problem, really. And it has bots, etc, so..."

Some Very Creaetive thinking for you guys My programming skils only extend to "hello world". Well we have created a mod that fixes the issue of sizing. Well, heres a big WHAT IF, what if we create a mod that uses a new skeleton. And a new method of animations for that skeleton. I know the possiblites of this are few.

Just a some VERY creative thinking...

Originally posted by musashi122

I have softimage xsi 2.01....Just got my trainign CDS :)

As I said:

"We cannot create gla's (regardless of software) so we have to use the ones we have. "

AS for low poly...Box modeling is out of the question...Anybody know how to modeling using splines, and patches? That would seem to be the route to take.

JKII model _have_ to be triangle based, which means using basic tools, not splines and patches.

what if we create a mod that uses a new skeleton. And a new method of animations for that skeleton. I know the possiblites of this are few.

As I said:

"You_might_ be able to cobble together a bonestructure by looking through the gla binary and ripping out the bone names...... I doubt you get much without _hours and hours_ of experimentation."

Archived