Home

About kicking and duel, All Server Admins read.

GrEEk_OuTcAsT

A long time now, by the time JK2 was released there is a custom setting for the No Force Duels that has the jump at level 3.

Why is that? Do you understand that jumping is a FORCE? It is a Force as Is Saber Throw, Lightning and Speed why some admins turn it on, in no Force Duels? That's stupid and promotes the kick inbalance. Kick in not overpowered as many thing. It is a force as all other. Without Jump points you can't kick.

Kicks rule in no Force duels simply because you can't have an other force to counter it. Throws, Push, Speed, Drain are all nightmare for a kicker. Imagine to have lightning in a no force duel. It is almost the same thing.

So please make the servers with fixed settings. Either make Force Duels with Jedi Knight/Jedi Master or Completely NO-FORCE duels that doesn't even allow you to get to the Configue Forces screen.

I don't really know WHO started these custom settings but they suck especially with the 1.04 patch that you don't need a counter to the Backstabs.

Yes kick counters many moves but the problem is that no move counters kick. It is unblockable. An expert kicker won't let you even do a swing with your sword.

Not to mention that Kicks are really depentant on the Ping. When you have a mediocre ping 180-250 you get kicked without you understand how and it is impossible to be avoided.

My suggestion again. Close these No-Force servers that have Jump Force and make them really NO-FORCE.

I think most servers who use this setting do so because a: jump helps to get around some duel maps, and b: you can do the stunts with level 2 jump. If there was a server option just to disable kicks but leave walljumps and running on, then I'm sure it would be used by many.

I personally like kicks, but I know many do not.

I ususally don't duel with Force enabled due to my lack of skill and/or counter experience. Usually when lightning comes, I run like a baby... However, I think they should nerf the Force duration... Thinking of the movies, I never saw to force move consecutively used.. The emporer at the end gave Luke a lightning bath for a short while, then stopped to chat a bit, maybe letting force power regen.. Then started again.. What if they made the force power decrease quicker with lightning in duels.. Or 1 force push or pull knocks force close to all the way down... Any feedback?

Archived