Home

Maw Model Released!

Madjai

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

K, I got rid of all the bad death animations (ones where the player falls to his knees and then dies and other ones like that)

I got rid of all the get up animations and replaced them with some of the better force getup animations.

I replaced the kick with a force throw/smack type thing

I changed the left and right jump and force jump animations

The saber activation twirl animation has been changed to add a little diversity, I also think this one looks a bit more "mawish"

I also did a few other tweaks that are really too minor to mention.

Download:

http://www.reandev.com/mawanimation.cfg

[posting from beyond the grave] Yes, I am quite dead.

Anyway, if the animations can be made to work I'm guessing that they'll be included as an option in another release(it's up to Madjai). Something tells me that multiplayer will have some problems with one model using a different set of animations though, simply because such a thing could allow for major cheating if abused. As for changing footstep noises King Jezuz Pie, it's just not possible without a mod because they're hard coded. You can change the animsounds.cfg all you want, but the game will override it with the default sounds. Believe me, Madjai tried many methods to no avail.

I don’t know how close Elite Force MP is to Jedi Knight II MP, but in Elite Force the species 8472, and Borg models had a different footstep sound than most other models.

I don’t know if those were hardcoded, but perhaps someone with the game could look into how those were done.

Ok, I guess that was necessary. Maybe we've done something to offend him? :rolleyes:

I guess it could always be renamed to "Maw 1.1 wip" or "Maw single player npc wip" if it would make you feel better. Anyway, just noticed a couple of days ago that jk2files.com is hosting maw, so if you haven't been able to download him yet please do. IMHO, he's a little underrated as far as downloads are concerned, probably because too many n008s haven't played through the sheer ecstimacy that is Jedi Knight. Hopefully the JKTC will show them the light. Hmm, I just rhymed. I have to go now :eek: ::backs away slowly then sprints off screaming::

One can only hope. Personally I find JK painful *ducks* but that's just because I didn't get to play it until after I played JO. Which is exactly why I'm on the JKTC, because the story deserves to be told in a medium better than it began on. I was only seventeen when JK came out, and I was rather busy being disgusted with how bad Dark Forces was, so I guess I assumed JK would be bad too [that, and a whole lack of money stopped me].

Anyway back to relevent issues at hand, I know I posted this on the JKTC thread, but not everyone reads that. I experimented with many versions of Maw [the one with Desann's AI is scary as all hell], including one with a Probe AI. He flies around, saber-less, and when he dies he rains probe droid parts all over.

Today's experiment......... failed.

I'm going to try out other flying AIs, just to make sure; there is always the chance ONE will work. I don't remember fighting any bird-things in JO, btu there seems to be a model for one. Maybe that thing's AI will do the trick. That, and I'm going to see if there's anything I can do to my Icarus script to make this work.

If none of that works, Maw's boss level will have to be done differently, because he WILL suicide. I already have an idea to handle this, but I'm not a mapper by ANY stretch of the imagination. I'm lucky if I can finish the box tutorial for Radiant without screwing up.

Oh, and there're a few threads around discussing animations.cfg, and I'm going to try to email someone at Raven to see if they can offer any insight. I've got plenty of time today for that kind of thing [whee, took off from work!] so I'll look into it.

Side note to inbred: if you PM me your email address, I can send you what I did so far with Maw. If you fight the primary version, TRUST me, you'll need God mode turned on. And if you spawn him with any kind of room to maneuver, the battle'll probably take 10-15 minutes.

Archived