Home

newbie type lightsaber questions

Bucke

ive been working my way through single player and i've just started to play multiplayer and im terrible with lightsabers - it so different to single player... anyway if anyone could answer these questions or give me some tips i'd be grateful

what buttons should i configure strafe to? -they seem to be essential for most moves..

the defaults are abit out of the way and i tried changing it to just left and right but that makes normal movements abit tricky

how do you counter or block "push"?

i want to edit some bots to make easy ones to practice on and i remember seeing a bot editing tool but i cant find it now - does anyone have the link?

is there any good counter to the backsweep move-people keep killing me with it

Strafe? I have strafing bind to A and D keys. I don't know, these are for me an easy accessable keys.

Push can be countered with force absorb or force pull level equal or higher than force push.

For tutorial, maybe try this page: http://www2.ravensoft.com/jedioutcast/

It's a resource page, but on it is a link to a tutorial (hopefully)

Counter against backsweeps is either you move away when you think it's about to be executed, or you kick the executor, or turn on force protect (level 3 is very good, if you have it) to minimize the damage done by the sweep.

I think Twins of Doom can help you more with the counters...

well....

depends what they are using push for, is it to push you off a ledge?

if so absorb and not moving excessivly will work well enough (especially don't jump), using Force Drain may also work

if it's to push you down then

absorb, force drain, standing as still as possible, and not swinging to excess

if they get you on the ground then use dark rage, speed or protect (Speed is my personal favourite, get's you up faster than they can do anything)

i'd give you a link to my push and pull counter guide....but my server is down:mad:

took me about one/two weeks of multiplayer before I started to get competent with playing.. just keep working at it and eventually you'll start to pick things up.

I'm still not all that great at saber fighting but if I fought myself as a newbie and as I am now, I would have torn my newbie self a new ass.

Just remember if you play light side, absorb is your god.

Originally posted by Xzzy

took me about one/two weeks of multiplayer before I started to get competent with playing.. just keep working at it and eventually you'll start to pick things up.

I'm still not all that great at saber fighting but if I fought myself as a newbie and as I am now, I would have torn my newbie self a new ass.

Just remember if you play light side, absorb is your god.

thanks i'll bear that in mind

Archived