Home

1.04 Bug

ShukaidoX

Because of all the modifications that came with 1.04 my clanmate IceCold and I went into our server last night and tested the crap out of the new patch to see what we could salvage. While looking for new techniques to use in duels we noticed a bug with the red stance special “Death from Above.” Much like the abused Air Slash, its possible to take no fall damage from at least certain heights using the DFA. One good map to test this on is the hangar deck map.

Jump up to the cat walk and walk off. You should take a minor amout of damage, somewhere around 12-18. Then go back up there, jump off and do a heavy swing. Right before you hit the ground complete the DFA maneuver. It’s possible to time it correctly so that you will take no fall damage.

We still need to continue testing to try different hights. So far IceCold and I have successfully avoid all fall damage from as high as the ceiling of the hangar deck map.

[JKT] ShukaidoX & [JKT] IceCold, reporting.

Jedi Knights Templar - http://clanjkt.cjb.net/

--End Communication--

Once again while training on our server, one of my clanmates [JKT] Macro and I discovered what seems to be another bug. This one really shows what a bad patch 1.04 really is.

Here is how the bug works:

Perform a forward roll then hit the back button. This will slow down the roll then allow you to start moving backwards. We’ve also noticed that while rolling backwards and pressing the forward button will increase your backward momentum. This second part still needs to be verified more. But the first part of this bug is obvious after the first try.

So far my clanmates and I have found two bugs in two days. It really bothers me that in 1.04, the bugs that made fights more cinematic and fun were taken out, and a crop of stupid useless bugs were put in.

I’ll tell you right now that 1.04 takes out a lot of the games fun-factor for me. 1.04 is a nearsighted patch that’s taken out most of the tactical possibilities out of the game. The way back-attacks were nerfed makes them almost useless. The problem with the pull/backstab tactic used by all the n00bs was the pull part, not the backstab part. The pull problem was apparently fixed and that move I completely agree with, pull was far too strong when no one could defend against it. Backstab however has been nerfed to the point that its completely useless. Even to the point when if I’m backstabbing someone and they pull off a regular heavy swing, it’ll do more damage when my yellow back attack. At this point it is tactically pointless to make yourself completely prone and not do significantly more damage. If back attacks remain as they are now in 1.04 in future patches, they might as well be removed from the game.

Fixing bugs is important, but if your going for realism relative to the Star Wars universe, no where in the Star Wars universe is there any example of a padawan kicking a master’s ass. Leveling the playing field so that a newbie can feel good about itself when they fight people who have been playing since the day it came out (ie: me!) is not the right stance to work from. And about the blue stance air slash, think about this one. If a Jedi can lift a spaceship with their understanding of the force, what’s to them from levitating themselves for a quarter of a second to perform a lunge.

[JKT] ShukaidoX & [JKT] Macro, reporting.

Jedi Knights Templar - http://clanjkt.cjb.net/

--End Communication--

I completely agree :) They screwed up a lot of things. Some of the things considered bugs, were actually good things(ie air lunge to land safely), and the nerfing of backstabing is completely unfair :( So what I can suggest is for all the servers out there to get something like JK2++, which doesn't require a download on the client side :)

Where in any of those posts did you read "I'm an assfighter with no skill..."? That's the big problem with this game...there are never any gracious losers.

If someone takes the time and effort to learn how to use moves effectively, and they kill someone, they're accused of everything under the sun except for being a good fighter. I've seen ShukaidoX fight (everyday as a matter of fact) and he's anything but an assfighter.

Here's a problem with 1.04...They "fixed problems" that really didn't need to be fixed. Do you honestly believe that a person can't hold a stick behind them and rotate? Try it sometime...it is possible, and even quite easy! Or like Shuk said...it's possible for a jedi to levitate a ship, etc. but not for them to levitate themselves momentarily. People are argueing over what is realistic in a game based on SCIENCE FICTION movies?!?!

The thing that bothers me and Shuk is that they're taking away from the cinematic aspect of the battles...with each new patch, gameplay is being sacraficed in order to appease those players who don't have the skill ( or the common sense ) to defend themselves.

lol.. you guys are hilarious. I mean, you are trying to make people believe that nerfing the backstab, -which was ridiculously overpowered, and literally took away all sense of reality, fun, and skill out of the game- has made the game less intense? less fun??? Think twice..

The people that liked that cheap move, in combination (or not) with pull, only cared about racking up kills in the fastest possible way... period. Now that BS is Bull$hit instead of super-backslash, the game is just dull (though not absurd as before).. and to get those fast kills now people have turned to kicking, which was kind of predictable. The only solution to overcome this crap would be going back to the saber combat of 1.02, that was fun as no other has been. But cry now about BS? All you BS-addicts should have thought twice about whoring that move so much, you just reaped what you rightly deserved..

Quote:

the nerfing of backstabing is completely unfair :(

---------------

Here's a problem with 1.04...They "fixed problems" that really didn't need to be fixed. Do you honestly believe that a person can't hold a stick behind them and rotate? Try it sometime...it is possible, and even quite easy!

---------------

Muahahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaaaa ...

Rotate like what? Like a ferris wheel? 720º in less than a second with those lame scripts?

Muahahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaaaa ...

:p May the force be with you young padawan... :p

Btw, feel free to call me things, I'll just flip the bozo bit.. (that's what the usual assfighter would do anyway..)

P.S.: Nope, this is not "constructive criticism", but I had seen too many times people laugh at other people that complained about the damn BS.

I always thought that a surprise move (backstab/sweep) should never have been so damaging in the 1st place, its not a special move, its just a backwards attack.

About the mid air lunge, it was abused as a script move everywhere, and people that used it alot would be winning with the use of a bug and a script, im very glad it was removed.

I am personnaly doing better in this game since the lastest patch as i never learned to backstab or mid air lunge, i just got well in to the basic moves, combos and specials.

Ive never been killed by a kick whore as yet, ive fought alot of em, but they got the idea when they died alot.

These are MY thoughts, plz dont flame meh. :eyeraise:

Originally posted by <>Phant0m<>

I always thought that a surprise move (backstab/sweep) should never have been so damaging in the 1st place, its not a special move, its just a backwards attack.

:) Exactly, that's what I think, and it's just common sense. But it looks like many people have it hardwired in their head that Raven designed that little trick to enhance their l33t skillz and let them win every game by a 15 kill margin using a very simple algorithm:

10 Look_for_another(Target)

20 Pull(Target)

30 If target_glows_blue=1 then goto 10

40 If not target_knocked_down=1 goto 20

50 Move(buttski) to target

60 Perform l33t backslash on target; Yawspeed ... etc..

65 Echo(I OWNZ JOO .. IAM UBER ROXORZ JOO)

70 Goto 10

Sadly for them (luckily for the rest) Raven made it that it doesn't work anymore..

Originally posted by Bill_st

Do you honestly believe that a person can't hold a stick behind them and rotate? Try it sometime...it is possible, and even quite easy!

If you're looking for realism here, do you really think that in "real" saber fight (for the sake of argument, lets just say a sword fight) people would run around blind and backwards towards their enemies swinging their weapons wildly? I think not. Assfighting is gone, or at least not as effective, and to it i say good riddance.

:sam:

Originally posted by Bill_st

10 Look_for_another(Target)

20 Pull(Target)

30 If target_glows_blue=1 then goto 10

40 If not target_knocked_down=1 goto 20

50 Move(buttski) to target

60 Perform l33t backslash on target; Yawspeed ... etc..

65 Echo(I OWNZ JOO .. IAM UBER ROXORZ JOO)

70 Goto 10

:lol: So true, so true....

Personally, I think this where saber combat was concerned (base only; a few Cvars can make 1.04 combat quite good, IMO :) ), 1.02 > 1.04 > 1.03. 1.02 had the least amount of lamers, script kiddies, and BS abusers, and any JK2 veteran knows this fact. Why? Because you could actually score a kill without spending 30 minutes hacking on your opponent (not too much blocking), and there was just enough blocking to prevent the "newbie with saber" effect with sabertrace / ghoul2 off (i.e. people running around slashing aimlessly with hopes of hitting someone. Speed is optional :rolleyes: ). THOSE were the most cinematic duels, not this infinite blocking crap (wow, I never knew Luke could block the small of his back with a saber...), 1080+ degree backstab, etc. And anyone who tries to tell me differently is either a spammer, has never played 1.02, or is otherwise ignorant to the facts, IMO. :cool:

Pity they had to go and botch it up with 1.03, and even though 1.04 is a salve on some old wounds, it still falls short of the classic gameplay. Oh well.... maybe they'll realize it in time...? :rolleyes:

As for these "new" bugs, it's pretty obvious that 1.03, 1.02, and the original game had them... we're just discovering them now that a few of the abused ones are gone. Let's face it; every game has its bugs, and Raven / LA are just doing the best they can to stamp them out. Give them a little credit for trying.

Bugs eh? I know at least half a dozen current ones. 2 super-speed engine bugs, a rebound bug, a flag hitbox bug (may just be in JK2 ++; unconfirmed), the "long-jump" bug, DFA before landing (whuppity doo, I land the legal way with little damage; roll), rolling backwards with the wrong animation, even breakdancing and others. The reason they haven't been fixed?

1) They're causes of the Q3 engine.

2) They don't hinder gameplay very much, save the DFA one and the flag hitbox.

3) They're not well known nor easy to do in general.

So there you have it. Give them credit for making it this far with all the current ranting against them. I sure do. :cool:

I'm a short stance player, and I know a hell of a lot about it, and I never abused that backstab, so, obviously, It bugged me when I newb swingin like a crazy bitch ran up and backstabbed me while I was in the middle of workin on some actual moves. I'm glad the effectivness of it was taken out. But, It shouldn't have been entirely crippled, if you can land a backstab, it should do some heavy damage. But it doesn't. So, basically i'm cool with it the way it is now.

But, the guys at LEC can't make up they're damn minds, so, they're back to upping the damage percentage of the Heavy Stance.. One Strong hit, anywhere on your body, and you're dead. Doesn't matter how you swing. So, they crippled short stance, and upped the cheap **** on the Heavy Stance... So, obviously it's going to be abused.

When they balanced the powers, they should have really balanced the powers, they didn't, and so a skilled Short Stance player, can get a lucky hit landed from some newb Heavy stancer, and it's over.

Totally agree there were saberdamagescale / STSF 0 / ghoul2 0 are concerned; boost the damage, kill the blocking, and we're right back to square one with "heavy whores." Perhaps a couple new Cvar options to edit light, medium, and heavy damages individually would be good.... I dunno. Where these options were concerned, I found medium stance to serve as chopping method of choice vs. heavy, but saberdamage of 2 or greater on these settings brings us back to the joy of beginner's luck. (At the very least it's not the infamous pull-backstab or 1-hit-1.03-wonders....) :rolleyes:

Still, that whole "one hit with heavy" rant doesn't sound like base, so would you mind listing the server, or better yet, server settings? Where base is concerned, the only instant kill through red that I know is the DFA or a knockdown / saber through the middle, so that doesn't sound consistent.

Archived