Home

Model works in SP but not in WP :(

Anavel Gato

Crap, so its finished and stuff? w00t. Ok, you make a zip file, with the .jpg, .glm, .tga and .skin files with the derectory as: models/players/whatever(padme I guess)

The .jkb goes into botfiles\

the .bot goes into scripts\

sounds go to sound\chars\whatever\misc\

shaders and shaderlist goes to shaders\

And presto, padme!

- I've put all the files in the models\players\padme folder.

- I got a padme.jkb in the botfiles folder

- I got a padme.bot in the scripts folder

- The team skins (texture) are called torso.tga, torso_blue.tga, torso_red.tga etc.

- The skin filed are called model_default.skin, model_blue.skin and model_blue.skin.

- The icons arwe calles icon_default, icon_blue and icon_red.

Now I can get the model to work when the files are in the Kyle folder and the padme.bot lists the model as Kyle.

When I put everything in the padme folder (and change the path in the .skin files) and have the bot file list as model Padme it goed wrong (cannot use model in MP).

Now this the bot file that doesn't work:

{

name "Padme"

model Padme

color1 0

personality /botfiles/Padme.jkb

//Padme - new bot! Light side...

}

And this 1 does work:

{

name "Padme"

model Kyle

color1 0

personality /botfiles/Padme.jkb

//Padme - new bot! Light side...

}

If somebody can help me with this I will be very greatfull. I am soooo close yet so far :)

I even have the custom sounds ready and think that I am pretty much done.

Hmm Sorry, but nothing stands out in the information you've shown.

It's got to be a naming issue somewhere along the line. I'm sure you've checked 50 times!

Try and just redo all the steps. Take the model and skins, rename them all correctly, redo the bot and jkb files and the icons.

I know I'm not saying anything you probably haven't done, but that's the only thing I can think to offer right now.

Best of luck and if you don't figure it out, definitley seek down some of the regular pros around here. You'll get it working.

Patience... feel the force flow.

-nomad

MTFBWY

okay get the botedit program from jediknightii.net and make the bot personallity settings and tell it to use the model - padame

save your settings and tick the boxes to make the gfx and sfx paths. It will save the bot files and set up the directory names.

now copy your model files - model.glm .tga and .jpg files etc. and copy them to the

models/players/padame folder.

edit the model_default.skin with notepad and change the directory name (probably still kyle, which might be one of your problems) to padame

do the same to the red and blue .skin files.

Zip it all up and rename to .pk3 and it should work no problems.

Failing that send it to me and I'll have a look

Archived