Home

caulk texture missing

idontlikegeorge

like the subject line says, JKRadiant cannot find my caulk texture. i dont see how, i have been using it alot, but now its nowhere to be seen

even when i open an old map that used caulk, it has caulk, but it shows up like it cant find the texture; funny cuz caulk_nonsolid is still there in the textures/system listing?

anyway could i d/l that texture, put it somewhere safe, and have jkrad link to it?

Just pick a random brush, select a face or the brush itself, hit the S key, then type in system/caulk in the texture field. It should then load up and from henceforth whenever you load that map you should have it in your texture sidebar same as any other texture.

If that doesn't work you probably messed up your assets0 installation.

it went to the magical place where all the car keys and matching socks go......

it probably did

Just pick a random brush, select a face or the brush itself, hit the S key, then type in system/caulk in the texture field. It should then load up and from henceforth whenever you load that map you should have it in your texture sidebar same as any other texture.

tried that, like said, i can get it from a map which used it; but how do i know it is there, it just displays the blueblack checker; whereas before it had the purple caulk texture

If that doesn't work you probably messed up your assets0 installation

i dont see HOW as i said it was working JUST FINE until i powered up one morning and it aint there

although, looking in my assets0.pk3, i only have 4 items that are in textures/system: securitycode.jpg and 3 securitycode_<color>.jpg s

is assets0.pk3 the pak that the system textures are supposed to be in? i did find a virus, maybe i should just uninstall/reinstall JK2?

yeah, but i hate radiant period, and so during learning it, its easier for me to use JK2Rad: RichDiesel's tutorials are specific for them, and its easier to get, so ill just stick with it

anyway, i found a mapextras.pk3, and there was system textures in that, including caulk, so this problem is solved. thanks all.

Archived