Home

SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE - JK2 Mod

bondo321

If anyone would like to create a SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE mod, based on the N64 game and the book, please let me know. I would love to create the mod, but I am currently leading a Medal of Honor mod.

If you are interested in creating (and leading) a team to make a mod based on SOTE, please contact me at:

Email: bondo321@hotmail.com

AOL: Bondo321

Due to time constraints, I cannot single-handedly lead the team, so I need expert, experienced people to help.

Thanks

-Bondo321

Dash Rendar in SOTE is a mercenary so you can't use the force if you simply follow the N64 game. I suggest you read the book by Timothy Zahn - then you can play Luke and there are some pretty cool battles like against Xizor's robot and Xizor himself. The attack on Xizor's palace would also be pretty cool. Just thought I'd let you know!

I see what you're saying, but Rendar is hardly in the book. He's not the central character (unlike the game) - Luke and Lando are. It'd be easy to simply play different characters at different points in the game (and ya don't have to follow the storyline religiously - we'd most likely take the DIE HARD: NAKATOMI PLAZA route and 'add in' levels to the story)

That's an idea but I would seriously consider keeping the same character throughout the game - changing between characters is notoriously bad continuity in games and only really happens in arcade style/action games that aren't too good because you can lose the plot or forget what you're charcters priorities/progression is. So write around the story but keep on playing Luke throughout.

There's other SOTE source material too.

There's a print novel (by Steve Perry, NOT Timothy Zahn).

A graphic novel (comic book).

Soundtrack album.

PC Game (just like the N64 game as far as I can tell).

There's also a book "The Secrets of Star Wars Shadows of the Empire" by Steve Saffel and Mark Cotta Vaz, which I haven't read.

I'm moving this to the editing forums...

A Shadows of the Empire TC would be quite awsome. I have the TPB comic and have read the novel a couple times. If you get a few people together to do this (seems that it would take quite a few though), I'd be glad to skin or make textures for it. Even if you just made a multiplayer mod with loads of new models and maps it would be pretty cool.

I was never a big fan of the N64 game. It didn't really follow the important events of the book or comic, it just went off on its own tangent following dash. A mod following Luke (with a few cutscenes thrown in to show what's happening in other parts of the story) would best capture the plot, and it would have the most jedi action.

Originally posted by GoldenFrog

Well... It looks like I've started something. I've always thought that would be a neat thing to do. Anyone want to do it?

I don't know about that. How would you make it interesting for the Star Trek team? Bat'Leh Combat against the Jedi? That would be hard to explain. :)

Hey folks...

In regards to the comments made about switching characters during the game...

Remember in Mysteries of the Sith, You play as Kyle for three missions then you become Mara Jade until the end of the game.

Perhaps you could play as Chewie / Lando for a while then be able to switch to Luke. I'm not sure how this would be done... and I can't imagine it being easy 8)

Originally posted by razorace

Go for it. :)

I don't have very much knowledge about mods. I once downloaded the Elite Force GDK and I had a bunch of missing stuff(textures, etc.) So I have never learned. I also have a very small amount of programming knowledge. I can't make very good 3d models either.

Archived