Home

1.04 : Good for duels, nothing more

Yu-Law

I won't even touch a game that doesn't have saber-only or jedi vs merc now. Comparing the lightsaber to guns and force powers isn't possible. If you want fair gameplay for lightsaber duels, 1.04 is the way to go. If you're a gunner, I'm sure you're very pleased with the game, considering it was the gunners that pretty much made the patch go into effect with all their complaining.

The lightsaber should be feared. Not the guns. It's SUPPOSED to do major damage, but now it's weaker than the bryar pistol (explain that please) Anyway, I didn't need another quake 3, so I've been using 1.02.

Don't know about the rest of you, but at least in 1.02 it was harder to cheat with the lightsaber. Plus the cheat move was easily avoidable. Yes, and you people still had your guns. yay.

Yes, that more or less fixes it but:

a) You are not the one that chooses the settings of the server on which you are playing, but the server admin. And just hosting a server on a 128/256 kbps connection to choose your own settings is absurd.

b) You can choose where you want to play, but not everybody has 100+ servers to choose from, depending on connection/location. Where I live, I can only choose a handful of servers with decent enough ping. That leaves me zero chance of finding a server with custom settings, mods, etc..

c) It was as easy as using a higher default setting of 2 or 3 FFS! . Most servers will run with default settings, so using the saber on them will be utterly useless..

Just my 0.02$

Saber duels are horrible now. Weak v Weak is...well...WEAK

Jedi v Merc is a joke. I could kill an army of 1.04 Jedi with a straw and a napkin.

and 1.04 sucks. Once again the community is split and shrinking.

If you want to flame me try reading my thread "slippery slope" in valley of the Jedi. If you still think your argument is better then mine please proceed to flame away.

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt guns rule sabers all the way now you cant pull a gunner down and saber him anymore and yes most servers i find have the default setting. Saberduels are still okay but now i dont get as many easy kills from bs spammers. If you want to get bored use 1.04.

Archived