Home

omg CTF rocks!

Marvelous*

Usually i play duel, and occasionally ffa..

I'd never played ctf online because i found it a bit difficult offline..

Dunno why as bots are a bit.. ahem "dumb".

But anyways i played it online for the first time the other day,

and it was really enjoyable..

Just curious as to whats a good score on ctf?? :confused:

also has anyone else noticed that seeing comes on auto now,

when mind trick is activated? makes life easier..

It comes on auto? Auughh.. that's kinda lame, but I'll have to check it out for myself. ; )

Glad to see you discovering the joys of CTF, I've been wanting to check out some of those new CTF maps for a long time. It's by far my favorite game type to play (in any FPS) by far, but its sometimes hard to find people willing to play it with any degree of seriousness (and not just treat it as a deathmatch). So when you can, it's a real treat!

Originally posted by HellFyre69

dude u missed 1.03 CTF.. That was a lot funner than today's CTF... sry u missed it..

You're nuts.

Guns were useless, and the only way you could kill someone was with backstab.

1.04 CTF is ok, but it doesn't have the intensity factor that JK2++ has. It really gets the blood pumping. Add to that, saberists can kill gunners, you need to fear the saber, no wiffle bat hits like in 1.04.

Puts everyone on level ground.

Version 1.0 is being worked on, and then hopefully more people will discover it.

Originally posted by NK_Zephorath

You're nuts.

1.04 CTF is ok, but it doesn't have the intensity factor that JK2++ has. It really gets the blood pumping. Add to that, saberists can kill gunners, you need to fear the saber, no wiffle bat hits like in 1.04.

Puts everyone on level ground.

Version 1.0 is being worked on, and then hopefully more people will discover it.

no you ARE NUTS!

CTF now takes forever!! CTF is supposebely to be a hit and run.. You grab the flag, and you run to ur base.. You just dont stay and have little duels.. That is why BS made this a lot easier.. you could just pull the carrier and bs him.. Now It takes more than that to kill a flag carrier. Well thats your point and thats my point. We have different opinions about the game, I like the old ctf, but u just cant call ppl "nuts" because I used to like 1.03 jeez..

And UT is/was THE Best MP game there ever was. Q3 never stood a chance against UT... and you can look at it at many sites. UT had many game styles, such as domination, assault, etc. Q3 never did, and if there was, you would have to dl, which is pretty much a copy of UT =P and again, thats my own opinion =)

no you ARE NUTS!

CTF now takes forever!! CTF is supposebely to be a hit and run.. You grab the flag, and you run to ur base.. You just dont stay and have little duels.. That is why BS made this a lot easier.. you could just pull the carrier and bs him.. Now It takes more than that to kill a flag carrier. Well thats your point and thats my point. We have different opinions about the game, I like the old ctf, but u just cant call ppl "nuts" because I used to like 1.03 jeez..

And UT is/was THE Best MP game there ever was. Q3 never stood a chance against UT... and you can look at it at many sites. UT had many game styles, such as domination, assault, etc. Q3 never did, and if there was, you would have to dl, which is pretty much a copy of UT =P and again, thats my own opinion =)

I know you need to kill people fast.

I know that 1.04 screwed that.

With jk2pp you CAN kill fast, just with normal strikes instead of lamesness like BS.

IMHO, CTF with sabers only was just silly (in JK1 or JK2). I always played it with ALL WEAPONS. NF was alright, but FF was where the real fun was.

Sure, people argue that other games had better CTF (it all depends on the maps and balance of the teams anyway), but the DF series is unique due to the inclusion of Force powers to the mix.

It's a shame people didn't make any addon MotS CTF Maps (we just had conversions of the default JK1 CTF maps), there was a lot of potential there, with the class system.

Yes, CTF is as good a reason as any to have high saber damage, including one hit kills. However, most of the time, in CTF, the saber simply isn't the best weapon for the job. I'd use it for the guy closest to the flag defending, but he'd be silly to rely on it soley (if they get by him, he's going to need a guy, fast).

Sometimes its cool when both teams have taken the flag, if the flag carrier's duel it out, but while that's going on, smart players are lining up the enemy carrier in their target sights.... ; )

PS: I agree, UT CTF was a lot of fun.

This is what im talking about!

The atmosphere is excellent when both flags are out,

and the carriers are being hunted down by the opposite teams.

If your the flag carrier you can either hide or fight your way through,

its awesome ?

If you're a flag carrior or chaser then a good score would be around 400-600 points

Cool, i get about 500 points usually, but ive seen people with like 900 points,

So i that i was just bad at it. nm its still fun.

I must admit, its funny on warring factions, soon as you get the flag,

absorb and speed come on, but due to my laggness i just end up

in the abyss anyway :tsk:

Ive never played tribes 2, RTS isnt it? i just go on c&c yuris revenge,

Originally posted by Marvelous*

Ive never played tribes 2, RTS isnt it? i just go on c&c yuris revenge,

Aiiii, no! It's basically a FPS based around a jetpack, making for fast-paced aerial battles and caps that can easily be stopped with the 3 beeps of doom (Tribes junkies, you know what I mean :lol: ).

And yes, Tribes (2) CTF was the best, mainly because it was the only game that I could take the flag, jet 100m into the air, turn, and taunt the enemy flag chasers while bullets whizzed past my head. That was TRUE fun, IMO. :D

Also, if anyone is ever in the market of some T2 maps, hit my sig. I never was that popular (I don't brown-nose like Necrobones... :rolleyes: ), but my maps were pretty solid, and fun too.... :D

As for 1.04 CTF, my choice was always to use guns against cappers.... so I don't mind. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by <>Phant0m<>

I personnally love 1.04 CTF, its great when u grab the flag, spin round, and see 4 enemys chasing u down :cool:

wut the.... Chasing around?? U would be all ready dead, if your just showing your back to then.. I guess it was a nf duel saber only Server.. which MUST have been Pretty boring.. lol sabers only in a ctf game.. lol.. too funny

Originally posted by NK_Zephorath

You're nuts.

No, YOU ARE NUTS!

Guns have always been more powerful. Theyve always had an advantage over sabers. Screw the backstab, if youre using a gun, you can attack from a distance..which avoids a backstab (or any other saber attack period). Use absorb so they cant steal your gun. Its a fool proof plan. Gunner wins every time.

Its morons like you giving Raven stupid feedback that have turned this game into the peice of crap that it is. The saber is a joke now, a skilled gunner can beat a saberist of any skill 100% of the time. I know cuz Ive experienced it. The only minor downside of guns was the ammo usage, but thats been fixed in 1.04. This is no longer Jedi Knight II, its Quake Knight II. No reason to use sabers anymore, its all about the guns...how very sad.

In 1.03 the rocket launcher and flechette gun can kill almost anyone with 2 friggin shots...and sometimes just one. I GUESS THAT IS USELESS?

I hate flaming people, but its obvious youve lost your ****ing mind. Get a clue.

Originally posted by jarek

No, YOU ARE NUTS!

Guns have always been more powerful. Theyve always had an advantage over sabers. Screw the backstab, if youre using a gun, you can attack from a distance..which avoids a backstab (or any other saber attack period). Use absorb so they cant steal your gun. Its a fool proof plan. Gunner wins every time.

Its morons like you giving Raven stupid feedback that have turned this game into the peice of crap that it is. The saber is a joke now, a skilled gunner can beat a saberist of any skill 100% of the time. I know cuz Ive experienced it. The only minor downside of guns was the ammo usage, but thats been fixed in 1.04. This is no longer Jedi Knight II, its Quake Knight II. No reason to use sabers anymore, its all about the guns...how very sad.

In 1.03 the rocket launcher and flechette gun can kill almost anyone with 2 friggin shots...and sometimes just one. I GUESS THAT IS USELESS?

I hate flaming people, but its obvious youve lost your ****ing mind. Get a clue.

no YOUR nuts!

Sabers have always had the advanatage against guns

why?

1. most of the guns CAN be block by the saber

2. If a rocket is comming at you, you can easilly use push

3. You can jack ur guns with Pull..

Basically you might think that force is actually that's doing everything!? but once you jack all the harmfull guns, just run straight to him, and saber him =P ez kill =P

Give me a break.

While gunners will typically have the advantage with a splash weapon, a saberist can counter with the following:

1) Push the *add projectile here* back at the gunner. This is especially good with Imp heavy repeater and golan arms alt fire, or rockets.

2) Pull the gun out of his whoring hands. If he has absorb, go on to 3.

3) Kick the gunner, and if you knocked him down, add in your favorite special move. Simple, and effective.

4) Push / Pull / Kick / Grip the gunner off a cliff. Also simple and effective. :D

5) If all else fails, just pull out your own gun and show him who's better. :)

However, where guns vs. saber are concerned, saberdamagescale > 2 is good, since it at least gives a mediocre saberist a chance vs. a mediocre gunner. Skillwise, it's very possible for a saberist to kill a gunner, but based on circumstances.... they aren't very balanced. :rolleyes:

Edit: And it's pure base that's not balanced saber vs. guns. If saberdamagescale is turned up and/or ghoul2/STSF are off, it can actually be quite balanced. :)

Just my $.02.

no YOUR nuts!

Yes...Whats your point?

Ok I'll get you a Hasbro LightSaber and I get a Colt...

/me says I win

True..to a point...Sabers can block most guns but most of the ALT fires can't be blocked by them, Sabers can't block from behind, and when you swing ur saber/throw you can get hit by guns.

You can't push them all.

As whats his name said use absorb and its all cool.

Basically you might think that force is actually that's doing everything!? but once you jack all the harmfull guns, just run straight to him, and saber him =P ez kill =P

Carry two guns...and ppl generally dont just stand still after being disarmed.

NINJA VANISH!

no YOUR nuts!

why?

Did you not read a single word I said?

1. about half the guns can be blocked by the saber, thats why everyone uses the OTHER guns instead..duh. And if they run outta ammo, theyll just run and find more rather than fight you on even terms. Oh yeah one more thing, even the guns that are blockable by the saber, I've seen people run up then circle strafe around a saberist and jack them in the backside..cant block that.

2. You could push a rocket...but alot of things factor into it, like lag. Theres been so many times Ive pushed a rocket and it still hits me anyway, and besides even if you do push it away, it usually doesnt hit your attacker, instead it goes in another direction., at least it has in my experiences. Most people will try to rocket you near your feet rather than shoot a straight shot at you.

3. Youd like to steal guns with pull, but everyone uses absorb (at least the people with skill use it). I mentioned this above but you obviously didnt see it.

So lets recap...

You are wrong.

Archived